Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
You need both an adaptor harness to convert connectors and wiring sequence and the J393 convenience module re-coding.

Have a word with IIBen for a harness/coding.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
A little package arrived today, I think these are the FL lights, part codes:-

8T0 945 094C
8T0 945 093C
8T0 945 096H
8T0 945 095H

Can someone check?

View attachment 22529 View attachment 22537
Hi, I found in germany and europe sites that offer 8T0 945 096J / 8T0 945 095J, they sell them as for european cars and without any differences with the H endings.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Audi-RS5-A5-S5-8T-LED-Ruckleuchten-8T0945095J-komplett-/251550594899?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item3a91957753
http://www.ebay.de/itm/ORIGINAL-Audi-Ruckleuchte-8T0945095J-NEU-/170993263689?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item27cffe2449
I was thinking they were just for USA models..
Can you use them same way as the tails that end with H?
Same question for the 8T0 945 094D / 8T0 945 094D and the european C ends?

I know USA ones have red parking lights and RoW are amber, but in the germany stores they dont say J are just for USA models, so maybe the difference is in a bulb inside..? can be them mixed?

Thanks for the answers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, new here. I have an existing led set up but want to convert to facelift. Where can I buy a good harness and get the coding done? I'm located in Kent. Many thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all.

A week into A5 ownership and I've bought a used kufatec kit (pre-facelift with wiring looms, but no dongle) All I need to do now is code them in.

Could someone explain how I can do this using VAGCOM? I'd get it programmed by someone remotely but don't have internet access where my car is parked.

Thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all.

A week into A5 ownership and I've bought a used kufatec kit (pre-facelift with wiring looms, but no dongle) All I need to do now is code them in.

Could someone explain how I can do this using VAGCOM? I'd get it programmed by someone remotely but don't have internet access where my car is parked.

Thank you
I found all wiring / connectors / coding is in this german link Nachrüstung der LED Rückleuchten bei dem Audi A5 : Reinigung der Xenonlinsen Bei den A5 Scheinwerfern!. This german link shows the coding table from LED tails (ROW/european) to LEDs facelift tails (ROW/European)
- Next is the coding table in english-

My problem is got the american facelift taillights (not the europeans)
8T0 945 094 D (EU/ROW ends C)
8T0 945 093 D (EU/ROW ends C)
8T0 945 096 J (EU/ROW ends H)
8T0 945 095 J (EU/ROW ends H)

Question is channel coding is different? if it is:
1. Has anyone do this MOD with the american facelift tails and which channel codes used?
2. An facelift american a5 owner could give me a hand taking a read of the channel values and writing down for me..?
3. An expert could know what it is the function of each channel ?
I bought this set:

thanks

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
No, it's NOT the same - Your best bet IS to get internet access and have DavidB8 do the coding for you. It's easy, takes all of 15 min and he'll be happy with $50 - at least a 3rd of what Kufatec will screw you for. If you try to adapt channels in your BCM2 by yourself, good freakin luck, it's your $800. Kufatec fuc&ed this up for many with their $hitforbrains dongle - including mine, and left us for dead. I wouldn't pi$$ on them if they were on fire.

Your coding is simple btw, but adaptations with VCDS by yourself may not be ... If you really need to cheap this out for $50 and Internet access, maybe you should be driving a Camry...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Are the facelift lights a proper fit with the earlier bumper?
There was some talk here that the facelift light had a squared off edge that wasnt exactly right with the bumper.
Is that the case?
If so, is it even noticeable?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Are the facelift lights a proper fit with the earlier bumper?
There was some talk here that the facelift light had a squared off edge that wasnt exactly right with the bumper.
Is that the case?
If so, is it even noticeable?

It is true, but it is barely noticeable to anybody except enthusiasts who will notice any minuscule difference.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Check out the picture

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
rhd audi a5

Hi i was just wondering the kit that kufatec offer is for lhd vehicles, but will the adapters work on a rhd vehicle? i have a vagcom which i will use to code them. if not does anyone know where to get the adapters for rhd vehicle? thanks
uzy

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Hi i was just wondering the kit that kufatec offer is for lhd vehicles, but will the adapters work on a rhd vehicle? i have a vagcom which i will use to code them. if not does anyone know where to get the adapters for rhd vehicle? thanks
uzy
Probably a good idea to say where you are ? Are you wanting to go from pre face LEDs to facelift LEDs ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
prefacelift leds

Probably a good idea to say where you are ? Are you wanting to go from pre face LEDs to facelift LEDs ?
Sorry a bit new to this still trying to get my profile up, yes im going from prefacelift halogens to prefacelift leds, in im scotland UK :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
We can do LED tail light retrofits inc wiring and coding if anyone needs

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm feeling a bit dim today...

Fitting facelift LEDs to replace my original Halogens and bought the adapter harnesses from a chap in Leeds. Physical fit is all good, wiring runs are all good, but I somehow can't get the pin into the big connector on the 'body' light to link the boot lid and 'body' lights together. I have fitted the pin into the boot lid connector just fine, but this one is defeating me and I'm normally quite good with these things!

Any tips from those who have done it? (the connector code is 1J0 973 713 if that helps).

Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm feeling a bit dim today...

Fitting facelift LEDs to replace my original Halogens and bought the adapter harnesses from a chap in Leeds. Physical fit is all good, wiring runs are all good, but I somehow can't get the pin into the big connector on the 'body' light to link the boot lid and 'body' lights together. I have fitted the pin into the boot lid connector just fine, but this one is defeating me and I'm normally quite good with these things!

Any tips from those who have done it? (the connector code is 1J0 973 713 if that helps).

Thanks
Never mind; dimness averted. Serves me right for trying to do it in the shadowy corner of the garage; couldn't see the purple locking tab!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Is my BCM new enough to accept LED lights? (1st or 2nd gen)

Its number: 8K0907289C

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Baas, the bcm doesn't need upgrading and I can wire in both version LEDs and get them working for you.
Send me a pm if your interested.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I would want to make the wiring myself (I got all parts to do it) but I don't have a definitive correct wirediagram. Anyone wants to help me out with this?
I am looking for the one to upgrade from 2008 halogeen to pre facelift LED's. I did find attached file, can anyone confirm its correct?

Then another question. Some adapter cables have these wires for running from the inside tail lights to the outer tail lights and vice versa. They run along the trunk support arms and therefore must be long. However it seems lots of adapter cables don't have these "longer" wires? What am I missing here?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I would want to make the wiring myself (I got all parts to do it) but I don't have a definitive correct wirediagram. Anyone wants to help me out with this?
I am looking for the one to upgrade from 2008 halogeen to pre facelift LED's. I did find attached file, can anyone confirm its correct?

Then another question. Some adapter cables have these wires for running from the inside tail lights to the outer tail lights and vice versa. They run along the trunk support arms and therefore must be long. However it seems lots of adapter cables don't have these "longer" wires? What am I missing here?
Yes, it's correct. And yes, the cable between X1-X1 and the cable between X2-X2 must be long enough for non-LED to VFL-LED lights conversion.

Reactions: Baas J.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
In other words, yes - you need the "longer" wires to run from the adapter harnesses to the inner (trunk-mounted) lamps so that the segments there can light with the tail lights. If you don't mind them dark, you can skip this wire...

It is common to run this wire along the hinges - under the plastic covering - be sure you leave enough slack to open/close the trunk and keep it secure enough to not get pinched or cut while opening/closing too.

Reactions: Baas J.
61 - 80 of 115 Posts