Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi mates

I bought the harness to install from my halogen pfl to fl led as pictured on this thread by baas j.

From what I know, the red long cables are connected to the inner lights connector, but.....

what about the long yellow cables, where are conected?.

Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi mates

I bought the harness to install from my halogen pfl to fl led as pictured on this thread by baas j.

From what I know, the red long cables are connected to the inner lights connector, but.....

what about the long yellow cables, where are conected?.

Thanks.
Can you post a photo of the cables?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thinking about going for LEDs and probably facelift - been reading loads of threads but something that only came up a couple of times is that the inner light cluster retaining clips are slightly different - is this an issue when going to FL? Thought it would have been discussed more if it needed additional parts.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thinking about going for LEDs and probably facelift - been reading loads of threads but something that only came up a couple of times is that the inner light cluster retaining clips are slightly different - is this an issue when going to FL? Thought it would have been discussed more if it needed additional parts.
I went from North American spec halogen tail lights to Euro spec (Ecode) Facelift tail lights. Even though these were new lights, my inner units did not come with fasteners. I had read somewhere (probably on the Facebook A5 Owners page) that I could use my original fasteners but they would need to be modified in order to work. As it turned out, I only modified 2 fasteners for each inner light unit. I got the correct oem fasteners from the vender some time later.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I went from North American spec halogen tail lights to Euro spec (Ecode) Facelift tail lights. Even though these were new lights, my inner units did not come with fasteners. I had read somewhere (probably on the Facebook A5 Owners page) that I could use my original fasteners but they would need to be modified in order to work. As it turned out, I only modified 2 fasteners for each inner light unit. I got the correct oem fasteners from the vender some time later.
Cool thanks. That's useful to know the original fasteners can be modded to make do in the meantime. How do you find the little bit of the light that sticks out from the bumper? Worth it for the cool factor?

·
Registered
225 Posts
You're most welcome.

Actually, if you're not looking for it, no one will ever notice that miniscule amount of overhang. I've had mine for almost 3 years and don't even consciously look for it any more or even check. The guys in the Audi shop don't even notice it.
I really don't know why someone would even make an issue of it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Got a set of facelift lights for a decent price off eBay, harness and retaining clips have arrived so should be set to get them coded and installed next week. Pretty hyped.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is quite silly retrofit guide, if the conclusion is: buy Kufatec kit or contact DavidB8.

It should be called "retrofit guide for Managers or Bank officers", not for petrol heads.
Everyone with VCDS is possible to do it...

P.S. 22790 is wrong PIN code for accessing rear light control channels... VCDS coding is possible for all cars from m.y. 2008, no new central convenience modul is needed.
Hy y have a problem with tailights and return lights stay on alwais after coding facelift xenon from prefacelift xexon, can help me?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Ashcroft,do you think you can post the adaptation channel here for the normal tail light convert to 2012 LED Tail LIght?
Yes please because i have a issue Hy y have a problem with tailights and return lights stay on alwais after coding facelift xenon from prefacelift xenon, of course i have tailights original from xenon 2010 not facelift 2014 can help me?

101 - 115 of 115 Posts