Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since joining this forum I've noticed that this questions seems to come up more and more. I thought it may be handy to put together a flowchart of what your options are if you want to upgrade to either the new facelift lights or the pre-facelift LED kit. Shout out to DaveB8 for helping me understand most of this.

This is correct as of 25/03/2012.

Notes:
I believe that in addition to Kufactec, Europrice offer a similar kit which may make more sense for North American owners (rather than importing from Kufatec in Europe).

The central convenience module MUST be coded by Audi or authorised agent (with access to SVM update kit) if it is replaced. This module is also responsible for start key authorisation and therefore your car WILL NOT START unless the new module is coded.

Kufatec Links:
Pre-Facelift: http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p1406_c274_Bundle-LED-Rear-Lights-Audi-A5--S5.html
Post-Facelift: http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p9174_c274_Bundle-LED-Rear-Lights-Audi-A5--S5-Facelift.html

Note Kufatec also sell the kit minus the actual lights if you want to source the light units on your own.

DaveB8 contact:
http://www.audienthusiasts.com/Contact.html

Reactions: Aruba83 and rnlabas

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Nice job - as one of the pioneers ino this whole mess and very BAD experiences with Kufatec (another story, already delineated), I find this is a pretty good overview. Btw, it's DavidB8 not just DavidB, and he's on this forum too.

·
Banned
1,802 Posts
am trying to get my main dealers to do this conversion for me as compensation from them having my car for over 3 months, see 'back at the dealers' thread

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Great job Evil. Clear something up for me though, for LHD cars, either you can directly purchase Kufatec's kit and it will work as plugnplay, or you will need to check the security code on module 46? If it does accept the code, then you would need David's help?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
This is quite silly retrofit guide, if the conclusion is: buy Kufatec kit or contact DavidB8.

It should be called "retrofit guide for Managers or Bank officers", not for petrol heads.
Everyone with VCDS is possible to do it...

P.S. 22790 is wrong PIN code for accessing rear light control channels... VCDS coding is possible for all cars from m.y. 2008, no new central convenience modul is needed.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Great job Evil. Clear something up for me though, for LHD cars, either you can directly purchase Kufatec's kit and it will work as plugnplay, or you will need to check the security code on module 46? If it does accept the code, then you would need David's help?
Correct. The Kufatec kit should work regardless of he security code on module 46.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is quite silly retrofit guide, if the conclusion is: buy Kufatec kit or contact DavidB8.

It should be called "retrofit guide for Managers or Bank officers", not for petrol heads.

P.S. 22790 is wrong PIN code for accessing rear light control channels... VCDS coding is possible for all cars from m.y. 2008, no new central convenience modul is needed.
You either do not understand or have not read it correctly. Nowhere does it say that 22790 is the code for accessing the rear light channels.

If no new central convenience module is required why is it then that DavidB8 and Audi both state that one is necessary if your existing one is too old?

If you are so clever, why don't you explain to everyone how to do this using VCDS?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks Evil very informative and helpful. I've been considering doing this myself for some time.

@C99 Your post was neither informative nor helpful.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
So my car does accept security code 22790, does that mean Europrice's kit would work but it will need David's input?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Sounds like a yes to me. DavidB8 can do the mods via Teamviewer (a PC desktop sharing program) and VAGCOM, from just about anywhere. He's in western Canada btw. Send him a PM from here or Audizine once you have the kit. Don't forget to get the correct harness/plug adaptors for your wiring from Europrice also.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

Actually the correct code access is 16xxx with a personalization key 36xxx, and will work for BCM2s (J393) that end in AG or higher, e.g. CS. Note I will NOT release either the full code access or personalization keys, but for those that know, know I do too. Please do yourself and those that worked HARD on this the respect for their work and use them - i.e. DavidB8. He is a great guy, easily cooperative at about all hours day or night, and will work thoroughly with you for a VERY reasonable small fee, that just goes to support more folks like us. Please don't cheap him out with bad or wrong suggestions or direction.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ok guys,

Thanks for all the good stuff here.

Can I just clarify with you guys what I ACTUALLY need for my 2008 A5!

- The LED's (obviously!)
- New Harnesses?
- New convenience module?
- Soneone in the know with VCDS to code?

Many thanks

J

Reactions: S4 EVV

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Ok guys,

Thanks for all the good stuff here.

Can I just clarify with you guys what I ACTUALLY need for my 2008 A5!

- The LED's (obviously!)
- New Harnesses?
- New convenience module?
- Soneone in the know with VCDS to code?

Many thanks

J
Yup on the LEDs - also obviously ;-)
Harnesses - yup too, as yours are WAY not close
New BCM2 - probably, but check the last two letters of it's part no. You could have an AG (depends on your actual production date, but I wouldn't bet on it) - if you buy/get a new one, try at least for a CS - there's more stuff elsewhere you can code with it, and it's less prone to sensitivities anyway.
Someone in the know is a MUST for DavidB8 - PM him here or on Audizine - see my post above. Trust me - David will TAKE CARE of you right and without BS, and cheap too. It's just WORTH IT - period.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Good stuff but theres no cheap option to retrofit rear LEDS no matter which way you look at it.:thumbsup:

Reactions: Billythefish

·
Registered
634 Posts
The security code for accessing rear light channels in module 46 is 16017, why are people trying to deprirve the Audi enthusiast community of this knowledge?

DavidB8 has no doubt done a lot of hard work on this, but the only reason he still has to do this himself remotely is so as to not reveal the code.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
So if i were to change from normal rear lights to leds what would i need as im reading different views on here.
do i need a new module or can i recode my existing module using the access code ashcroft kindly provided? Or a dongle from kufatec? Looking ar derboys flowchart, if i try both codes and one works then im in luck or not? And all i need is the adaptor and lights?
This will also avoid svm updates by audi if no module needed.
What else is needed, kufatec adaptor? Ideally i would install the latest leds but ive seen some prefacelift leds on ebay germany going cheap

Rgds
jb

·
Registered
634 Posts
So if i were to change from normal rear lights to leds what would i need as im reading different views on here.
do i need a new module or can i recode my existing module using the access code ashcroft kindly provided? Or a dongle from kufatec?
This will also avoid svm updates by audi.
What else is needed, kufatec adaptor? Ideally i would install the latest leds
You do not need to Kufatek dongle, that only makes the code changes posted here by C99 using the code I posted.

Code:
8K0-907-064-DQ **- Komfortsystem
Bauteil:BCM2 1.1 H02 0327, Codierung:01000EA0003944A10230033280000000
Freitag,06,Januar,2012,18:30:55:37888
VCDS Version: RKS 10.6.5 Datenstand: 20110418

Kanal,,Feld 1,Feld 2,Feld 3,Feld 4,
191,16383,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
192,3,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
193,6,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
194,7,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
195,5125,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
196,5157,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
197,5157,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
198,5189,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
199,12,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
200,44,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
201,16388,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
202,16420,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
203,9,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
204,9,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
205,32772,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
206,32804,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
207,13,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
208,45,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
209,0,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
210,0,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
211,51214,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
212,51215,N/A,N/A,N/A,N/A,
The wiring is also different and therefore you need to change that also (Kufatek use wiring adaptors to do this for you).

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
So just a kufatec adaptor and lights needed then?

Cheers jb

·
Registered
634 Posts
So just a kufatec adaptor and lights needed then
Yes, but I don't think they sell the adaptors separately and I'm not sure how easy it is to DIY it.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
1 - 20 of 115 Posts