Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yes, it's correct. And yes, the cable between X1-X1 and the cable between X2-X2 must be long enough for non-LED to VFL-LED lights conversion.
Can you explain X1 and X2?

So most of them adapters are sold without the inner units lighting up when braking?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Can you explain X1 and X2?

So most of them adapters are sold without the inner units lighting up when braking?
Kabelbelegung:
Außen Links
--(X1)-- ─► Pin 7

Innen Links
-(X1)-- ─► Pin 1

it means: connect Pin 7 of left outside light to Pin 1 of left inside light. Use long wire.

X2 is the same for right lights.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check out the picture
Hi Tony,

Did you buy rear lights from a sportback model? Most people say that lights are exactly the same, but there is a difference in part number? Maybe that's why they don't exactly match shape of bumper?
Any thoughts about it as I'm also looking to upgrade my lights

Regards
Jakub

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Hi Tony,

Did you buy rear lights from a sportback model? Most people say that lights are exactly the same, but there is a difference in part number? Maybe that's why they don't exactly match shape of bumper?
Any thoughts about it as I'm also looking to upgrade my lights

Regards
Jakub
Hi Jakub the lights don't match the bumper because it was a preface lift bumper you will find everyone is saying this nothing to do with sport back lights I have now changed the bumper to facelift they now fit perfect :thumbsup:

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a US spec '08 A5.
I got the euro spec 2013 FL-LED's installed using the correct Kufatec adapter harness kit but was reluctant to use the Kufatec dongle after reading a few horror stories on it.
My local Audi guy successfully code the lights to work properly but every time I start the car, I get the perverbial left/right tail light out warning and left/right brake light out warning. And of course the constant warning symbol afterwards.
Is there a coding process to defeat this warning indication?

·
Registered
71 Posts
When your friend coded the car, did he set channel 181 on module 46 to zero? That is the channel that when set to zero turns off a number of the light out warnings.

·
Registered
225 Posts
When your friend coded the car, did he set channel 181 on module 46 to zero? That is the channel that when set to zero turns off a number of the light out warnings.
Channel 181 wasn't touched/changed.
Does this apply to all or specifically for US spec A5's using the 2013 FL-LED's?

Another question.
The '08 US spec 5's did not have a rear fog light option.
However, I have read somewhere that it's possible to have a rear fog light function if one does the FL-LED mod and also installs the correct headlight switch.
I have sourced another headlight switch that includes the rear fog light function - 8K0 941 531 AL.

If my channel numbers list is correct, the rear fog light channels and their current codes are;
Left rear fog light - channel 203, code 73
Right rear fog light - channel 204, code 105
Are those channels and respective codes correct?

·
Registered
71 Posts
This applies to all, I saw the same on the German Motor-talk forum. Change that value to "0" and you should be fine. If it works, you owe me a ! Haha.

You can enable rear fogs, others have done it but I didn't. I think I saw a post on A5OC about it but can't seem to find it. Yes, 73 and 105 correspond to the rear fogs, they were on my module 46 at 203 & 204, so I believe you are correct. One thread described needing to add some wiring for rear fogs to be functional, you had posted on that thread though, so I assume you have that info. I don't know the wiring details.

·
Registered
225 Posts
this applies to all, i saw the same on the german motor-talk forum. Change that value to "0" and you should be fine. If it works, you owe me a ! Haha.
i'll owe you two beers .... At least. :)

you can enable rear fogs, others have done it but i didn't. I think i saw a post on a5oc about it but can't seem to find it. Yes, 73 and 105 correspond to the rear fogs, they were on my module 46 at 203 & 204, so i believe you are correct. One thread described needing to add some wiring for rear fogs to be functional, you had posted on that thread though, so i assume you have that info.
i vaguely remember that thread as well. I'll have to check my thread subscriptions. It was in this forum and not the az forum, right?

i don't know the wiring details.
i don't remember the wiring details either. I sincerely hope that's not needed as that's a likely way for me to really screw it up. Lol
........ :)

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone successfully coded or found a retrofit kit for US facelift tail lights? I bought a set of 2013+ S5 tailights that I want to put on my 2008 S5 but they are US verison. I've contacted Europrice and Kufatec but they're kits are for EU tail lights. I'm not sure what to do now. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Could be able to help but i will need the following info.
1. What are the original taillights (halogen or led) ?
2. What is the model year of the car 2007-2011 or 2012-> FL ?
3. What is the model year of the taillights 2007-2011 or 2012-> FL ?
4. Did you made any corrections on the wiring ?
5. Did you made any corrections of the adaptation channels in module 46 ?
6. Do you have the original adaptation values ? If yes write them.
7. What is the part no of your module 46 ?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Has anyone successfully coded or found a retrofit kit for US facelift tail lights? I bought a set of 2013+ S5 tailights that I want to put on my 2008 S5 but they are US verison. I've contacted Europrice and Kufatec but they're kits are for EU tail lights. I'm not sure what to do now. Thanks in advance.
As I mentioned in your Audizine post on the same query, seek out member "NuVega" in this forum as well. He's done the conversion on his NA 09 A5 with NA spec FL LED tail lights and then later switched to the Euro spec FL LED tail lights.

It would also help your cause for future queries if you included your location in your profile as their's members from around the globe. It makes their response to your queries more applicable/pertinent to your location when required.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys
Im really struggling to find a clear answer for what i need to fit LEDs to my 2007 a5.
I was hoping they were plug and play but now im seeing that i may need to buy a harness and centre control module then have them programmed.
What is the cheapest way i can do this?
Based in the UK.

Thanks
Josh

Get Outlook for Android

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hi Guys
Im really struggling to find a clear answer for what i need to fit LEDs to my 2007 a5.
I was hoping they were plug and play but now im seeing that i may need to buy a harness and centre control module then have them programmed.
What is the cheapest way i can do this?
Based in the UK.

Thanks
Josh

Get Outlook for Android
Audi_retrofits on instagram do it

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ash AKA Audi Retrofits here....
Send us a PM or email on [email protected] if you want us to fit it for you. We are based in Dartford in Kent.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This is a bit of a noob nightmare!!!

So I currently have a 58 plate 3.0 Quattro, which I am absolutely besotted with!!
I really love the PF LED lights and want to upgrade from my current halogens.

Am I correct in thinking that if I buy the light clusters and my comfort module is up to spec, then all I have to do is use VCDS to do the coding and I'm good to go??
If so, can somebody tell a noob how to check the comfort module and what to look for??

I swear this topic is starting to fry my brain lol
I think I might reprioritise my window tint!! :D

Thanks for your help guys
(ps petejacklin1 - I got your pm but I'm so new on the site I don't have enough posts to pm you back! Will do it as soon as I can)

81 - 100 of 115 Posts