Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
being an old thread the link to pictures have stopped any one got a before and after please

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys. Been reading the thread and trying to find a bit of info on the net. I'm pickin up my 2009 S5 tomorrow and wanted to see which springdwould be the best. Haven't get 1k + spare for coils so it's gonna be springs. Got 19" alloys and may upgrade to 20 later. Thinking of 20/15 spacers. Maybe the 25mm hr oe springs or could I get away with more?

·
Registered
140 Posts
the S5 should have original sport-springs which are lower as the regular ride.
so with the OE springs, the drop will not be that much. if you wanna go lower, get the H&R sport springs.
for me, the drop is fine with OE springs. not too low and still comfortable, but a lot of guys wanna have a lower look.

·
Registered
780 Posts
ok so im reviving this thread so i dont spam Stigs build thread anymore lol

this is the arch Gap on my 1BE 2.0 tdi cab

here is Stigs on OE which is also on 1BE suspension

here is someone elses in this thread who is on the Sports

·
Registered
780 Posts
has anyone ridden in both the OE and Sport? i think i prefer the Sport lower look but i dont want to ruining the ride.

i had Eiback Sportlines on my old Cupra Mk2 Leon

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just had new 20 x10.5 installed all the way around. Now it seems to sit to high.
I'm concern with ride quality with just springs. I just didn't want to put a ton of money into just lowering. I just use the car during the summer and just to go out in. Not a lot of miles per year any suggestions. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434203698.231011.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434203718.184454.jpg

·
Registered
238 Posts
I am also very interested in this thread, I have a 3.0L Quattro sport with 20" RS5 twin spokes (I assume x9) I want to lower it but not ruin the ride but it is a weekend car only so not a daily commuter..

I stumbled across a post on here with an S5 running the same wheels as mine but lowered on H&R sport -35mm with 15mm spacers front and rear.. This stance looks perfect to me some arch/tire gap but low enough to to have a much sportier look.. So I think I will go the same set up.. Spacers is a tricky one, can you work out what you need or is it a suck it and see, I would love flush or just inside the arch just like this one but are the S5 arches wider than an A5 like the RS5?.

I hope the owner doesn't mind me posting these pics, what a beauty

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434926754.040442.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434926771.686322.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434926791.686371.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434926815.321108.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434926832.136150.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434926850.336389.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434926866.369405.jpg

Reactions: jayho88

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 S5 on the H&R sport and its ride and look is amazing...But I do have to CRAWL over speed bumps and my driveway entrance(irritating). I am going to buy a set or the H&R OE ones that my friend has and hope that makes it perfect. Mine doesn't rub or touch with the Sports and looks dropped and awesome, just a little low for my 46yr old taste in an everyday driver- handles like a dream, totally just a little low for me and the others should raise it up 1/3" or more so hope im good with that. I have negative wheel gap, cant even see the tops of my tires at all!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Following on from this old thread- does anyone that's put H&R OE springs on an S-line (1BE suspension) with 15(f) & 25(r) H&R spacers needed Adjustable Control Arms to correct the drop in alignment?
AWE do a kit from SPC for £442- would this be advisable to fit at the same time as fitting the springs? Cheers

·
Registered
795 Posts
Following on from this old thread- does anyone that's put H&R OE springs on an S-line (1BE suspension) with 15(f) & 25(r) H&R spacers needed Adjustable Control Arms to correct the drop in alignment?
AWE do a kit from SPC for £442- would this be advisable to fit at the same time as fitting the springs? Cheers
This was on a car with ADS dampers and H&R OE Sport -35mm springs:
I had my car fitted with SPC arms to correct the camber. The camber was outside factory specs but the car was not unreasonable to drive, the only real downside was increased wear on the tyre inside shoulder.

Fitting the SPC arms brought the camber back to within factory recommended values.

Regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. I've got an a5 sportback 2012. Does anyone know the part number for this car? The ones for sale on ebay are up to 2011. Are these compatible? I rang up audi but was told it wasn't available for my car, which can't be right.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thanks Mr Wreckless for the post regarding the possible need for adjustable arms.

I checked with AWE Tuning / Awesome GTI and this was their reply (referring to my set up of H&R Spacers & H&R OE Springs on S-line 1BE suspension), fyi:

'We’ve done plenty of A4/A5 B8 3.0TDI’s with the 15-30mm springs without the requirement of adjustable arms, so you should be absolutely fine to run without these.

It’s normally the more extensive lowering that brings in a requirement to fit these, such as fitting a set of the coilovers, or the low version springs from H&R'.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Getting H&R OE springs installed on Wednesday. Will post before and after pix here in this thread. It's audi a5 3.0tdi quattro s line. Wheels 255/35 19 and will fit 20mm spacers in once i get my hands on some :)

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Alright so here are some first shots before and after, it is a very noticable drop and the ride does feel harsher. The grip is fantastic and there is almost no body roll.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts
Jumping in on this thread

So after ordering the 29059-2 H&R sport springs I have found out/confirmed the the -2 of the part number means they are for the sportback.

I have Coupe!!!!

So I'm having to send them back and either get the 29059-1 OR 29059-3.........I hope they are the right ones as on the H&R website they only state the 29059-1.

If anyone has some concrete knowledge of these bloody numbers, please enlighten me before it becomes 3rd times a charm.

·
Registered
795 Posts
So after ordering the 29059-2 H&R sport springs I have found out/confirmed the the -2 of the part number means they are for the sportback.

I have Coupe!!!!

So I'm having to send them back and either get the 29059-1 OR 29059-3.........I hope they are the right ones as on the H&R website they only state the 29059-1.

If anyone has some concrete knowledge of these bloody numbers, please enlighten me before it becomes 3rd times a charm.
I suspect, for the german TÜV approvals, the different cars and engine combinations along with the different spring rates, the TÜV approval states a given max axle load for the front and rear axle.

I think the different part numbers relate to what type of car you have and it's max permissible axle load. If you look at both H&R, KW and Eibach they all list axle weights for their different sets and, at least in Germany, for the aftermarket spring to be valid as a vehicle modification the cars axle load has to relate to the springs TÜV certificate axle load.

Phew, that was a bit of a mouthful explained in poorly worded english. Good luck!

Regards

Reactions: JRD

·
Registered
391 Posts
New H&R OE Sports Springs fitted on S-line Coupe 3.0tdi Quattro (1BE suspension)- see before & after pics on 19" Y spokes here & of the 20" MAK's in my signature & garage.
The part numbers marked on the Springs are: KBA 91072 / 29061-(VA front/HA rear).
I already had 15mm (f) & 25mm (r) H&R Spacers fitted and the combined look is great and the gap above reduced by about 50% on the 19"'s, & 100% reduction on the 20"- see pics.
The ride is noticeably stiffer on the 19"- especially over poor surfaces and very hard on pot holes, but the handling is just awesome and with no rubbing on both wheel sizes- however, with the 19" I did have to watch out for speed humps as the big ones connect if not really careful, and straddling the central bumps touched as well- however I got fed up worrying aboout this as the roads here are so bad, and so decided to go for 20" wheels..
After fitting the 20" the clearance is no longer an issue at all- clears everything- even at speed and have also fitted rubber coil assisters on all 4 corners which has restored the comfort level back again, so overall really pleased with the outcome.

Attachments

Reactions: Mr.wreckless
41 - 60 of 79 Posts