Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
I ran the OE springs on my Coupe and my wife ran the Sport springs on her Cabrio (both were 2013 models). The difference in apparently was negligible at best and the ride was so punishing that we both wanted to vomit as passengers...

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever will I drop a car using sprigs alone again!

Coilovers or don't bother. (Unless you are 18 and enjoy kidney punches and bodily abuse)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also trying to get answers to this. I have a 2011 S-Line A5 with 19" Y Spokes. I have the 1BE suspension, so I am already dropped 20mm. Yet....there is still a ton of wheel gap.

It seems like the OE springs would be a waste of money, as I would only receive a 5.4mm drop. Will the Sports springs go well with my (already) sports suspension? I am trying to maintain a ride comfort similar to what I have.

Coming from a slammed G35, I consider the stock S-line to be VERY comfortable. Would getting the sports and lowering the car 11.75mm make a huge difference in comfort??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Update on this subject:

I had the HR Sports springs installed first. Drop was PERFECT, but wife did not like the ride.

So I ended up going to the OE springs. Drop is not as good, but still fills the gap very nicely when paired with 20/20 spacers. Front has a bit more gap than I would like, but that is also due to my 4 cyl engine.

I have 1BE suspension, according to my car specs, but the OE springs still dropped me down about 1/2" to 3/4" all around.

Overall, very happy with OE springs. Ride is comfortable. Feels like stock.

I will have my H&R Sports Springs for sale in the marketplace shortly. They are practically brand new, for anyone interested.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Another in a simailar position....OE or Sport.

I like the drop on Riodeamand's. Thats just the gap I'm looking for (tyre not inside the arch) with spacers. Likewise I have the S-line Black Ed' but with the sport suspension not the S-line. Now my dealer said that the sport lowers it and because its a Black Ed' lowers it further yet my build code is still at sport?

I'm not just looking for aesthetics I'm looking for a touch of handling improvement aswell so I'm tempted to go for the H&R OE sports. BUT as per reviews many people say to go OE.

Another concern is while looking in the sales threads I see quite a few people putting the springs up for sale that are basicly brand new...why are they buying springs then sticking them up for sale straight away?

Edit
also Ive heard lowering takes the car nearly/out of camber limits. to bring the limits back in line and save the tyres I'd also need to fork out for some adjustable control arms on the front? not sure about the back as I heard that can be adjusted as stock?

·
Registered
637 Posts
HI mate if you look @ post#27 you can see pics of my car right after I dropped it on H&R OE massive difference.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/build-threads/56177-shamus-build-thread.html

You can see pics of before in there too.

Hope this helps you.

Bit bumpier than standard springs but not much more as I have baby twins to think about in the back. :autofahrer:

·
Registered
693 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
No issues mate i got the 4 wheel alignment etc all done the same day and went back in a week or so and still ok.
On day 1 i saw a huge difference in drop and over the next week it dropped a bit more.
I have all details in my build thread of suspension height before and after.
I have 15mm front and 20mm rear spacers also and no rubbing issues even with 4 adults and a few cases.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Was amazed how far it was out prior to drop.
I would disagree with the above about kidney punches as the roads in Sunny Scotland are far from smooth even on the motorway and as I said a bit bumpier but not much more.
If the twins can sleep in it I think it says it all.
Don't get me wrong if i had a spare £1000-£1500 to spend on coilovers that would be they way to go but I think I got very good value for money.
PS..
the twins bought me the springs for my birthday.
What a team! :wink::wink::wink::wink:

·
Registered
1 Posts
A5 h&R OE springs

i would like to ask how diffirence between sport performance springs (OE)
code no. 29061-1 and 29061-2 ?

My car is Audi a5 coupe 2.0T Quattro 2014

Unfortunately i already put 29059-2 into my car and
just knew from your website that the 29061-2,
which i put incorrect for my car.
it must be 29061-1

i very concern about it
Is it might be affect when I'm driving?

Thank you in advance for your answer

·
Registered
140 Posts
hi bhirawit,
if i understand you right, you put in spring which are made for the sportback into a coupe.
the 290XX-2 are made for the sportback, for the coupe you can use XX-3 for max. 1100kg or XX-1 for over 1101kg per axle.

·
Registered
693 Posts
is the part number 29061-1 for OE springs good for all models of A5.

Basically I'm asking can I use it on the 2.0TDI quattro?

Not sure if there are different numbers for different models with heavier/lighter engines therefore more/less drop to suit

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yes think the -3 is correct number.
Its to do with engine weight on front

·
Registered
140 Posts
the rideis fine. a little bit bumpier, but not a big deal.
the handling while passing the curves is much better.
it came down very even, but the messurments said, it came more down on the front axle, but it looks very balanced.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Update on this subject:

I had the HR Sports springs installed first. Drop was PERFECT, but wife did not like the ride.

So I ended up going to the OE springs. Drop is not as good, but still fills the gap very nicely when paired with 20/20 spacers. Front has a bit more gap than I would like, but that is also due to my 4 cyl engine.

I have 1BE suspension, according to my car specs, but the OE springs still dropped me down about 1/2" to 3/4" all around.

Overall, very happy with OE springs. Ride is comfortable. Feels like stock.

I will have my H&R Sports Springs for sale in the marketplace shortly. They are practically brand new, for anyone interested.
Any pics of your car with the h&r sports springs?

·
Registered
780 Posts
where is all the 1BE etc written

been toying with the idea of lowering mine but not sure what i have on mine currently maybe some Q7 springs im not sure.

i use to have Eibach Sportlines on my old Leon but everyone seems to want H&R on these Audi's

Stiggy you got your lowered yet?

21 - 40 of 79 Posts