Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 243 Posts
Q
Hello,
unfortunately no.
When your MMI was updated the new sat map component was installed and the old one removed.
The new one (often called Here/Maxar) is completely different and it does require active license to be able to work.
There are alternatives but not much cheaper than the dealer fee.
Question @congo if I was able to get a older copy again, say a earlier version. Is it possible to downgrade? Say to the earlier version via the same way I upgraded?

thanks!
Alex

Technically, yes its possible.
What is your current one so i can check.

would this be downgradable so then I can use your software Congo say coming up to august my contract runs out and I don’t particularly want to pay monthly for google earth?

Thanks!
~Alex

Discussion starter · #64 ·
Hi,
there is MHI2Q_ER_AUG22_P4189 MU 1140
That will bring back Google earth but Video In Motion if used will go away (bug in the software).
Other option is 3638 but that is not available as software SD. I can reflash it back to it but not from distance.

Regards.

Hi,
there is MHI2Q_ER_AUG22_P4189 MU 1140
That will bring back Google earth but Video In Motion if used will go away (bug in the software).
Other option is 3638 but that is not available as software SD. I can reflash it back to it but not from distance.

Regards.
Does that mean I can re-flash to MHI2Q_ER_AUG22_P4189 MU 1140 on my own? And then you can apply your google earth magic?

many thanks!!

~Alex

Hello, yes that should be possible.
What i can do is to try this at home this week and make short manual for exactly that case.

Regards.
That’s amazing Congo, you’re deffo the go to guy.

If successful I’ll come straight to you mate. The Maxar satellite is awfully less detailed than google earth.

Thanks for sorting it out!
~Alex

Discussion starter · #71 · (Edited)
Hi all,
as some might noticed, this night Google Earth stopped working on all MMI/MIB devices.
Change is on the way to remediate that and all should be back to normal in 2-3 days.
You can still contact me if you have doubts or questions.
Regards.

Hi all,
as some might noticed, this night Google Earth stopped working on all MMI/MIB devices.
Change is on the way to remediate that and all should be back to normal in 2-3 days.
You can still contact me if you have doubts or questions.
Regards.
It went off for me Yesterday (2nd June) and now its fully back on my instrument display but on my main screen it's currently only displaying main roads not smaller 'B' roads in the UK.

Hey congo,

i‘m interessted in but i‘m not allowed to write a message to you. :)

Within this thread i also noticed that ist should work for german nvidia units (so language seems to doesnt matter).

i do have a Q5 FY constructed in 2017. Please See picture - regarding the Information within this thread it should also work with my Unit?

what about warranty ? I bought the Q5 as a used car and still have 11 months of warranty left. Is Audi able to detect this ?

edit: Software Version is: 0678

I'm interested. Mmi Google Earth. Have mib 2

Hello all,
some of you might already noticed as of Dec 2020 Google Earth was disabled for all vehicles older than MY2018.
That left all legacy MMI systems w/o that option.

I'm happy to announce that GEMMI is back :)
Installations are performed remotely, all you need is empty SD card and active green menu as i will need some details from it.

For MMI3G+ systems min software version required K900, best with K942/P1001
For MIB1/2 systems almost all software versions are covered, if update i needed i will guide you thru the process if you are not comfortable doing it by yourself.

Active Connect subscription is not required, but if the system was retrofit i need to know that prior to making the activation pack.

MMI 3G+ systems -> Price is 75€ one time only.
MIB1/2 systems -> Price is 180€ one time only.

Because of recent questions from members i will state that here so it's public - No information about location of the car is transmitted back when using the sat map.

As some of you may have concerns about reliability of the service I'm extending the warranty period to 6 months.
What is covered?
If you have MIB1/MIB2 system and service stops before the end of the 6th month since it was activated and I'm not able to restore it in 2 month time then you will get 50% refund.

What is not covered?
End user action that somehow prevented the software from functioning correctly.
Isolated case where only one system is affected (i believe it's clear that is local problem)
Activation that is not made direct from me elsewhere using my files.

Expected lifetime of the service is above 3 years. Any speculations that it will stop in a week or two are nonsense's by people that have absolutely no idea how this thing actually works.

Required information for MIB systems:
I will provide software package that will do the information extract for you.

Required information for MMI3G+ systems:
1. BTMAC address - photo of GreenMenu -> Environment screen.
2. VIN or FAZIT. FAZIT can be seen from VCDS -> 5F, Advanced Identification.
3. Version of the software should be at least 900 or newer.
View attachment 179635

View attachment 179451

Demo of A6 4F (retrofitted MMI3G+)

Demo of S4 B9 (W/o fix from Audi)

Contact for more info.

For anyone that wants to try and make this work on his own then look for opengee
The price paid is not for providing the satellite images, they are freely available. It's for the time taken to make it work again.

@Heide

Muss hier schreiben, da Du als neuer User hier im Forum nur ein mal schreiben kannst und ich das schon mal getan hatte, um congo zu schreiben - ALSO...

Hallo Daniel,
ist total easy...
Du bekommst ein Zip-File mit 2 Dateien, die Du auf eine SD-Karte in 32bit ins Root kopieren musst.
Einfach ins MMI und fertig.
Es kommt 'ne Meldung, dass es fertig ist, Du nochmals auf z.B. den dicken Knopf drücken musst und die SD entfernen musst.
Starte dann Dein MMI neu und alles ist easy.
Bei mir, obwohl einige sagen, dass Audi es wieder abgeschaltet haben soll, funktioniert es noch wunderbar.
Du bekommst auch eine Anleitung mitgeschickt.
Viele Grüße Marco

@Heide

Muss hier schreiben, da Du als neuer User hier im Forum nur ein mal schreiben kannst und ich das schon mal getan hatte, um congo zu schreiben - ALSO...

Hallo Daniel,
ist total easy...
Du bekommst ein Zip-File mit 2 Dateien, die Du auf eine SD-Karte in 32bit ins Root kopieren musst.
Einfach ins MMI und fertig.
Es kommt 'ne Meldung, dass es fertig ist, Du nochmals auf z.B. den dicken Knopf drücken musst und die SD entfernen musst.
Starte dann Dein MMI neu und alles ist easy.
Bei mir, obwohl einige sagen, dass Audi es wieder abgeschaltet haben soll, funktioniert es noch wunderbar.
Du bekommst auch eine Anleitung mitgeschickt.
Viele Grüße Marco
Ich habe ihn geschrieben warte auf Antwort . Was für Info braucht er denn das ich vorbeireiten kann . Also kann man beruhigt machen sagst du .

61 - 80 of 243 Posts