Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,
some of you might already noticed as of Dec 2020 Google Earth was disabled for all vehicles older than MY2018.
That left all legacy MMI systems w/o that option.

I'm happy to announce that GEMMI is back :)
Installations are performed remotely, all you need is empty SD card and active green menu as i will need some details from it.
For the moment only sat map images are activated, street view might be activated on a later stage.

For MMI3G+ systems min software version required K900, best with K942/P1001
For MIB1/2 systems almost all software versions are covered, if update i needed i will guide you thru the process if you are not comfortable doing it by yourself.

Active Audi Connect subscription is not required, but if the system was retrofit i need to know that prior to making the activation pack.

MMI 3G+ systems -> Price is 75€ one time only.
MIB1/2 systems -> Price is 220€ one time only.

Payment accepted thru PayPal

Because of recent questions from members i will state that here so it's public - No information about location of the car is transmitted back when using the sat map. Such information can be transmitted only during Street View usage which for the time being is
not even active.

As some of you may have concerns about reliability of the service I'm extending the warranty period to 6 months.
What is covered?
If you have MIB1/MIB2 system and service stops before the end of the 6th month since it was activated and I'm not able to restore it in 2 month time then you will get 50% refund.

What is not covered?
End user action that somehow prevented the software from functioning correctly.
Isolated case where only one system is affected (i believe it's clear that is local problem)
Violation of the rules for sharing resulted disabling the service.
Activation that is not made direct from me elsewhere using my files.

Expected lifetime of the service is above 3 years. Any speculations that it will stop in a week or two are nonsense's by people that have absolutely no idea how this thing actually works.

Required information for MIB systems:
I will provide software package that will do the information extract for you.

Required information for MMI3G+ systems:
1. BTMAC address - photo of GreenMenu -> Environment screen.
2. VIN or FAZIT. FAZIT can be seen from VCDS -> 5F, Advanced Identification.
3. Version of the software should be at least 900 or newer.
Screen_0_0-300101_0000_0037.png

IMG_6140.PNG

Demo of A6 4F (retrofitted MMI3G+)

Demo of S4 B9 (W/o fix from Audi)

Contact for more info.

·
Super Moderator
280 Posts
Hi Congo.

Will this work on units with no SIM that have been modified to use external internet connection?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,
yes as long as the unit have internet it will work.
By external you mean the dlink or wifi+USB LTE modem mode right?

Regards.

·
Registered
Audi S5 Black Edition Mrc Stage 2
403 Posts
Hi Congo will this work on a std mmi 3G+ system that has not been modified?

·
Super Moderator
280 Posts
Hello,
yes as long as the unit have internet it will work.
By external you mean the dlink or wifi+USB LTE modem mode right?

Regards.
Hi Congo,

I was about to install the external components late last year and enable google earth on the MMI. When news of the end of google maps came out I stopped this project. Now I need to get this working then I'll be in touch for the update.

On a side note, I have no Audi connect account or online traffic, is this an issue with your fix?

Regards, J

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,
i guess your system is MMI3g+, in this case Audi Connect subscription is not required.

Hi Congo will this work on a std mmi 3G+ system that has not been modified?
As long as its running version K900 or above it will be ok. If it's older version will have to update.

Regards.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Sent you a pm

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As technologies never stop to evolve I cant give guarantee how log it will work but from what know (form the kitchen) it's not going any time soon.
I cant give better explanation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have A4 B9 2017 with NVIDIA MMI (latest firmware: MHI2_ER_AUG22_K3346 MU1438) and Audi Connect licenses active EXCEPT google earth, which has ended 1.1.2021.
Is it enough for an update?

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
720 Posts
Hi folks!

Does it also work for MIB 2?

Best regards
Yes!
I have mine working with updating mine! You need to check which of the MIB software you have and also version in settings and going into engineering mode!

~Alex

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you have QualComm unit (MHI2Q), or Audi A3/TT/R8 MY2017+ with MHI2 unit then you can update by yourself and try to see will it work. MIBS (Scale) Delphi units are also covered and they can be updated too. The only requirement is that you have active Audi Connect subscription.

More informanition and software packaghes can be found here -> Gogole Earth saga and VW Group

1 - 20 of 68 Posts