Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My top 3 spec items are (in order of importance):

1. 4 Wheel Drive
Seen too many BMWs and Mercs stranded at the side of the road in the Swiss Alps. I love how the drivers open their window to wave you past, as they wonder if they brought a shovel and a blanket :D

2. "Good" Automatic
By good I mean DSG, not slush-box auto. Forget that sore clutch leg in traffic. You really can have the best of both worlds: Sporty when you want it and convenient when you need it. :cool:

3. Sunroof
I love the extra light it allows into the cabin. I never open my sunroof so the non-sliding roof on the A5/S5 is not a deal breaker for me.

(If I had to squeeze in a 4th spec item it would be iPod connectivity ;) )

What are your top 3 spec items and why ?

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
My top 3 in no particular order:

1. Sat Nav. I work as an IT contractor and being able to go directly to client sites without fuss is a great time saver (and less stressful).

2. Bluetooth Hands Free capability. I need to be able to answer the phone on the move or I could miss out on contracts. Where possible I do pull over to handle the call.

3. Electric Memory Seats. My wife is just 5' 2" tall and having to manually adjust the seat after she has driven my car is a pain. I've had these on every car since 1997 - brilliant.

(If I had to go for a 4th, it would also be Ipod connectivity).

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
My top 3 in no particular order:

1. Sat Nav. I work as an IT contractor and being able to go directly to client sites without fuss is a great time saver (and less stressful).

2. Bluetooth Hands Free capability. I need to be able to answer the phone on the move or I could miss out on contracts. Where possible I do pull over to handle the call.

3. Electric Memory Seats. My wife is just 5' 2" tall and having to manually adjust the seat after she has driven my car is a pain. I've had these on every car since 1997 - brilliant.
+1

·
Registered
231 Posts
1. Sat Nav - travelling to see clients plus goes round traffic
2. Bluetooth- so i can talk on the way and in traffic
3. f + r parking sensors- parking in london

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
1 - bluetooth handsfree, its good to talk
2 - parking sensors - im a girl
3 - sat nav - again im a girl and have no sense of direction!!!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Handsfree, so I don't put the takeaway on the roof to get the key out of my pocket, get in, drive off and see my curry spread all over the road in the rear view.....I've done it before !!!

Voice Control, I loved Star Trek when I was a kid and it makes me feel like Captain Kirk

LED DRL's, just because !!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
blade DRLs come as standard you cant choose that..... its spec items!

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I think that's a hard question, because there's so many things I couldnt live without. But, in no order:

1 - Sat Nav
2 - Bang & Olufsen Sound System
3 - Quattro

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
In no particular order:
1. Cruise control (lots of motorway/dual carriageway driving)
2. Upgraded sound system (B&O is miles better than the Bose in my old S4, but I know the standard A5/S5 system is probably better than that as well)
3. For this car, 19" wheels (even the 18s look small to my eyes).

I would have put leather seats, but these were standard. Everything else I ordered I could live without, but the car is sooo much nicer with the Satnav and AMI to go with the B&O. Metallic/pearlescent paint is also fairly key for future values for me, and I also like the way the metallic flakes glint in the sun, although I also get why people would order Brilliant Black over Phantom Black.

·
Registered
269 Posts
+1 to all of above my three regrets no sat nav no front parking & no advance key. Must say hill hold assist for £40.00 a bargin & definatly a MUST!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Black leather, kids would ruin any other colour
Sunroof, Always had one and like a bright interior
V8, Could not do without that rumble

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
1) 4.2L V8 Engine
2) Quattro
3) S5 Seats!
Yes Ian, but as has been pointed out, from your list and on your car:
1. Standard
2. Standard
3. Standard

I think the question was about options...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
ok my sensors were standard so my added options were :cool:

1- ipod connection - need the tunes to rock and roll to ;)
2- Sat Nav - as i said im a girl and seriously no sense of direction
3- full phone prep - cant handle any more points on my licence....

·
Registered
483 Posts
1. Quattro - hate getting stuck in the snow....
2. shift paddles - fun when i want to have fun
3. the S5 upgrades (quad exhaust, door sills, boot lip, chrome grill, seats, etc) - aesthetics and styles
---------
4. rear parking cam - while you can become familiar with how long the nose of your own car is with experience, you never know how long the nose of the car behind you is; so this is help a lot when you are parallel parking for instance)...

=================
i know what i've listed (1 and 3) are standard on the S5, but my interpretation of spec items is 'features', and not just limited to 'options'

·
Registered
256 Posts
1. B & O
2. adaptive headlights
3. iPod integration (had to order Nav + to get it)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Yes Ian, but as has been pointed out, from your list and on your car:
1. Standard
2. Standard
3. Standard

I think the question was about options...
'
Indeed it was! I was jokingly making a point that with those (standard options) There are no other "must have's"... However... in the spirit of the thread... Most WLTH...

1) B&O
2) Parking Plus
3) Cruise

·
Registered
58 Posts
1 - Sat/Nav = So i get the control knobs in their rightful place
2 - B&O = For superior sound and braging rights
3 - Adv Parking = To make use of the big color screen

·
Registered
441 Posts
Nav opt- really wanted the Ipod and the controls in the right place!

B&O- can't bet that deal

S-Line- can't afford the S5, or the gas:mad:

I would have liked the tech package now that I understand the Audi side ass. But picked the Nav option. And I didn't want to deal with more problems that come with technology. Music and the ride for me!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts