Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Doesn't look that bad! What is it Aruba?

·
Registered
702 Posts
No, its not aruba, not sure what it is, but it looks like my golf I had years ago, doesnt suit the car at all in my opinion.

http://www.justgolfs.co.uk/communities/8/004/006/695/578/images/4526941046.jpg
:yikes: Agree, not a good colour on an A5. I don't recognise it as a standard colour which would suggest that it's from the exclusive range. i.e. someone has / will pay extra for it!

Still, at least they gave you an A5 as a loaner. When mine was off the road with the Engine Light issue, my dealer gave me a 2.0TDi A4 Avant.... :thumbsdown:

Hope that you're car is fixed soon.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,167 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
My Wife has always said green cars are unlucky:bolt:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Lost for words

:no::no::no:What is wrong with some people?? - That is horrible !!! What's worse is the amount of people on the R8 forum complimenting the poor bloke on his choice. The only one that I agree with is some (obviously American chap) saying that his thinks the Green R8 is "sick". Yes, as in the original definition of the word! Still, each to his own. PS - I'd love to know the residual when he comes to trade it! :no::no::no:

·
Registered
702 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Hi all.

my contribution to this one is (for my 2008/58 3.0TDi anyway) ...
new EGR coolant pump and software upgrade

apparently Audi have just published a tech bulletin on this fault according to Audi assist chap who got called out. It can either be software only or software and pump.

so maybe not a reset the lamp only fix

it's under warranty so get the dealer to fix it, dont take chances, the fault log will state when the error occurred, so if you drive the vehicle afterwards it gives Audi the opportunity to absolve themselves from liability for any subsequent damage.

·
Registered
679 Posts
the Green isnt terrible, i'll bet it looks better in person than in photos. either way I wouldnt drive it.

and I dont think thats a metallic brown, looks more like a champagne gold to me.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
The emissions control light seems to be a bit of a problem on the A5 - mine has come on six or so times now in the 18 months I've owned the car. Only once has anything actually been 'wrong' (throttle valve control unit replaced under warranty).

It's on again now and going into the dealer on Tuesday morning.
Had a similar emissions light problem with my current A6 2.7 TDI; just out of warranty.:thumbsdown: The stealer just wanted to replace the TVCU, without investigating why it was faulty. Took the car to an independent (much cheaper anyway).

The TVCU over time builds up an intenal deposit around the internal pivot valve, which causes the plastic cogs driving the pivot valve to progressively wear away due to the increased friction and the valve fails to operate - hence the ECL coming on. The Indi cleaned the valve out and it worked fine for another 6/7K - after this time the plastic cogs were screwed and I had no option but to replace the TVCU. Everythings been working fine since - covered 14K.

Don't pick up my A5 till next week, so can't tell if the TVCU is the same model - suspect it probably is.

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had a couple CELs during my early mileage, and some afterwards too. Dealer checked it on a normal service schedule and said nothing's wrong. A vagcom scan told me that my engine was having some fuel trim warnings. But it didn't really change the driving behaviour at all, and never gave me issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same happened to me this morning on my 2015 A5 2.0 where the solid emissions light appeared (not flashing)

Called Audi and was advised not to drive the car.

Audi wanted to charge over £100 for a diagnostics and to have the car picked up, plus advised that it would take 1 day to run diagnostics.

I took it to an independent garage where they charged £10 for a diagnostics and within 10 minutes discovered that it was that the start button was not held down for long enough when starting the engine on one of the trips.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Guys. Dealers or "Stealers" are a bunch of criminals and are only interested in taking your dosh. My suggestion is to purchase a Carly (or any other OBD2 device) so that you can run your own diagnostic scan and reset any error messages and then only the "real" ones return. Of course the VAGCOM system is better and costs a bit more. When I make a long journey I always have mone with me just in case.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts