Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Were you refused 19" Y spoke alloy wheels due to "Production Issues"?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know I brought this up a while back, but I need A5 owners' input into this since we have more members now.

When you ordered your A5, were you ever refused the 19" Y Spoke wheels due to "production issues" or them being "discontinued"?

Just so I can forward details of this Poll to Glasgow Audi when they call, as it appears I was the only unfortunate one who had to downgrade to the 18" Sport wheels, which I hate.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Rabb,
I first started looking at the A5 back in Sep 07 and finally placed the order (or at least paid the deposit) around mid October - the order didn't actually go to Audi until 1 Nov 07 as my dealer's order allocation was full for October by the time I bit the bullet.

Never any mention of problems with the 19" Y design alloys, both demonstrator cars I drove (both 3.0 TDis) had them, but the one my dealer had in the showroom had the same 18" ones you've got (and I thought they looked small on the A5!)

Only issue seemed to be with manual seats vs electric seats, which I didn't order but was told I might get as the manual ones had a manufacturing problem. Got manual though, but quite happy with them as they work really well and I haven't had a problem with the leather as others have.

Good luck fighting for the 19s with Glasgow Audi - I haven't as yet read anything good about that dealership. Appears they don't really know the product options very well and don't seem to care about customers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.