Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

WTB: V8 side emblems

986 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Stuart little
I just got my S5 (Added to my two VWs) and normally I debadge but in this case I'd like to get the OEM V8 side emblems without paying an arm and a leg. Anyone have theirs lying around PM me!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
wouldn't be worth trying to restick ones that has been removed mate, shouldn't be stupid money at a dealer, and would look a much better final job once fitted
wouldn't be worth trying to restick ones that has been removed mate, shouldn't be stupid money at a dealer, and would look a much better final job once fitted
I've helped a few friends re-add badges for sale, the trick I've found is to fully remove the old adhesive, take a new piece of the slim width double sided 3m tape, trace the cut outs and exacto a few millimeters inside the line. Tedious to some, but for those with OCD it's fun :)

I'll check with the dealer but I'm seeing the OEM ones on eBay at $130 a set right now, then again it's 5am where I'm at and have been up since 2am I could be missing something obvious.
I need a set of these also but haven't been able to find any at reasonable money
I need a set of these also but haven't been able to find any at reasonable money
Thread jack! :ninja2:
I wish I had a V8......:-( oh well, silly mileage per year dictates I have to have an oil burner, I use my own car for business.
I wish I had a V8......:-( oh well, silly mileage per year dictates I have to have an oil burner, I use my own car for business.
So do I...... 500 miles today.
So do I...... 500 miles today.
That's why you own a TDI and an S5 :) My Cup Edition got me from Denver to Vegas nonstop on 14 gallons of diesel so 52.7mpg going at least the speed limit the entire way. I don't want to feel my wallet bite me so I won't do the math of taking the S5 though the mountain turns would be much more fun!

Now back to the task at hand, whose got V8 emblems lying around, I found some new ones that "appear OEM" for $30 shipped so if I hear nothing back those'll get ordered soon but am hesitant about the source.
The cost of ownership of a V8 over the 3.0TDI is not THAT much. I do between 1600 and 2k miles a month. A5 averaged 33mpg. S5 about 22. Ish.
Having said that the performance difference isn't huge. I love driving the TDI. I just love driving the S5 more. Roll on Saturday!
Yeah, my Cup's 2.0T CR lifetime average of 60% city 40% highway over 38k miles is 41 so it's almost double the efficiency of the V8 but I don't drive the S5 for efficiency but enjoyment :)
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.