Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was it worth the wait? Hell Yes!!!! :D
Took delivery of my S5 on Friday morning in Dallas. For those of you waiting for THE car, it is worth the [email protected]#$*g wait. This is my 6th consecutive Audi, but better than all the rest.
For those of you that are thinking about the Audi Drive Select, Go for it. There are 4 settings: Comfort, Auto and Dynamic. There is also an additional feature called Individual that allows the driver to program those options for your Individual driving abilities. There are three setting for each of the three categories: Steering; Suspension and Transmission. So for Steering there is: Comfort, Auto and Dynamic and so on. That’s a total of 9 different combinations for your Individual tastes. With the Comfort selected, the suspension is very forgiving for road bumps and potholes. Touch the button for Dynamic and the Car down shifts, the c enter display changes from D6 to S5 (HA love that!). The steering and ride become very stiff, and BAM the shifts hit hard and fast. The owners with the ADS will not have the S for Sport mode on the gear shifter on the center console.
Sunday morning starting my drive back to Washington DC.

Also, a Very big TEXAS Thank you for TxCarGuy and his buddy Jason for correcting the DRL and other mods Friday night.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Congrats, enjoy, and drive carefully--this weekend has the roads loaded with amatures and tourists. Also, the cops will be out looking to make their quotas. You will be tempted but keep an eye on the speedo--this car is deceiving. Cruise control and a radar detector help.
You might consider a clear bra!

2008 S5, Ibis White w/ Tuscan Brown, 6 sp, loaded.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Congrats! :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Congrats! ugh it's gonna be a hard 6 months of waiting for me . . .

quick question . . . does the car have to be stopped and in park in order to change the drive select mode, or can it be done "on the fly"?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congrats! ugh it's gonna be a hard 6 months of waiting for me . . .

quick question . . . does the car have to be stopped and in park in order to change the drive select mode, or can it be done "on the fly"?
It can be done "on the fly" :cool:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PLD7
You can change the setting at anytime. On the fly !!!!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I'm really waiting to hear someones review of Driveselect on sport mode versus KW/H&R coilovers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congratulations! Pics when you get back! :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Best of luck with the new car, look forward to seeing the photos.

R

·
Registered
318 Posts
Those were Migsters 20" Forged wheels. He ended up getting rid of his S5 so I offered to list them on eBay for him. They were sold in a single day!

quattrings, what happened to those rings+tires you were selling on ebay?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Way to go, wow wow. tell us about any road trips.
S.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts