Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Got my S5 last week and loving it. I have a Palm Treo 750v (Vodafone from UK as provider) running Windows Mobile 6 and although I have bluetooth paired it with the car successfully, and make and receive calls with no problems, the car will not import the phonebook at all. I have tried re-pairing, rebooting, have deleted the entire phonebook and replaced with test entries, copied entries to and from the SIM/Phone memories, and have searched through this forum extensively to no avail.
SURELY I am not the only person in the world who has a WM6 phone that is experiencing this problem?
I have a brand new UK S5, with Bluetooth Prep Low. THe phone is a works phone that synchs with the work Exchange server.
Any help or comments greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Does the phone have sim access profile? Different phones get different levels of functionality. The basic level will just be bluetooth connectivity. However, some phones can show text message, import the phone book (from sim or phone or both). Its more to do with the phone than the car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi all,

Got my S5 last week and loving it. I have a Palm Treo 750v (Vodafone from UK as provider) running Windows Mobile 6 and although I have bluetooth paired it with the car successfully, and make and receive calls with no problems, the car will not import the phonebook at all. I have tried re-pairing, rebooting, have deleted the entire phonebook and replaced with test entries, copied entries to and from the SIM/Phone memories, and have searched through this forum extensively to no avail.
SURELY I am not the only person in the world who has a WM6 phone that is experiencing this problem?
I have a brand new UK S5, with Bluetooth Prep Low. THe phone is a works phone that synchs with the work Exchange server.
Any help or comments greatly appreciated.
My Audi dealer gave me a phone/bluetooth compatibility chart. On it, it says that the Palm Treo phone (whether running WM6 or PalmOS) will only sync the "Favorites Only" from your phone. It will not sync the phone book itself.

You can blame Palm for this...
Here's a link to the chart...

http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/tools/glossary/infotainment/Bluetooth_.html

·
Registered
17 Posts
My BB Curve (8300) paired with the car and it works fine as long as the phone is in the car. The phonebook doesn't really appear to download to the car, as it is not available for lookup if the phone is not in the car. It appears to only access the information from the phone, rather than download it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts