Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I´m owner to A5 TDI 2.0 177 cv 2014.

I´m Spanish, and I'd like to remap the original ECU from any enterprise of high quality like ABT, MTM, etc.

I've had a look on the web ABT, but thy do not remap the original ECU, they only install ABT ECU external.

Do you know wich German brand is good to do a correctly remap?

I would send the ECU from Spain to German.

I'd like to have a little more power so only a stage 1 not more. I don't like to have problen with the car engine.

Thank you very much.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Hola mate!! Ok I think that you need to consider these points:

1. The car is out of manufacturers warranty, do you have any remaining dealer warranty?

Depending on your reply AND considering if you take your Audi to be service by the official dealer (stealer) then you can decide if it is better to you to fit and "external" chip or better to have the car ECU modified by an expert. Cos if you ever go back to an official Audi dealer then they will automatically reset and update your car ECU back to standad so you will lose the tuning. IF you never go near the stealers than you can just read the various revies and choose what power output and price is best for you.

My Merc Vito is a 3L V6 turbo diesel and I fitted an external tuning box, so I can always remove it quickly and easily.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Thanks!!

Here in Spain, Official Audi not reset and update your car ECU back to standad, so I will not problem with that.

I asked for quotation to MTM Alemania, and they ask me 1000 € for sending my car ECU, remap with stage 1 and then sending me back.

How about mtm for remap TDI 2.0??...any problem or suggestion with mtm)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Just because you Audi is German, you don't need to use a German remapper! :)

ABT and MTM are good, but they are expensive! In the UK, you would get a decent remap for around £200-300.

I wouldn't like to send my ECU by courier for about 750miles!!

How about this

1 - 4 of 4 Posts