Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been thinking about getting some more Rotor alloys for my S5, putting my Michelin Alpin winter tyres on them and selling my old Y spoke alloys. But decided to freshen up the Y spokes in satin anthracite instead. Knocked up a small spray booth with extractor fan and even a turn table 馃ぃ. The original paint wasn't bad, just the bright shiny silver didn't really suit my S5 black edition.

I like them again now! The satin anthracite suits the angles of the spokes. They look darker in real life! They are the same colour grey as my Rotors. Probably get more pics once I put them on the car, which with climate change might not be this year :D but they did well last year down the snow covered Snake Pass! :)

Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Crankset Automotive tire

Above are the anthracite and below is the original silver. They look the same in these pics! But not in real life! :)

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

Wood Floor Wall Flooring Gas

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Alloy wheel

Registered
Audi S5 sportback
Pics?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Coming! For some reason I posted using my phone, but it wouldn't let me attach pics! :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know, I was checking if you were selling a set of Y spokes? Have you got the advert yet? How much?

Registered
Good work. If I went to all that effort they'd look s*** no matter how hard I tried :(

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good work. If I went to all that effort they'd look s*** no matter how hard I tried :(
It's quite easy using rattle cans, was tempted to use my spray gun, but it's all in the prep than the paint!

I'm actually more proud of my quick temp wheel spray booth than the wheels! :)

Premium Member
Spray booth is class mate well done!!! I too had my S4 wheels done in anthracite and I think that the car looks SOOOOO much better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts