Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I live in NJ where we have snowy winters, I know the s5 only comes with summer tires, so should I just buy a set of all seasons, or should I just buy some winter wheels and tires and sell my stocks and then look for a set of summer shoes... either way I'm buying a nice set of wheels for summer.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
This question has been asked MANY times.

Read me

Use the "advanced search" feature to search for 'winter' by thread title only.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL yea I was asking for you guys opinion on what I should do, like one of the audiworld links but I still dunno, how much could I sell my rims + tires for? They have maybe 400 miles on them lol

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will this fit?

Rim Material: Alloy
Bolt Pattern: 5x112
Rim Width: 7.5J
Rim Diameter (inches): 18
Rim Structure: Forged
Offset: 20

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
or this?

Bolt Pattern: 5x112
Rim Width: 8.5J
Rim Diameter (inches): 19
Offset: 45

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
??

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hey I live in NJ where we have snowy winters, I know the s5 only comes with summer tires, so should I just buy a set of all seasons, or should I just buy some winter wheels and tires and sell my stocks and then look for a set of summer shoes... either way I'm buying a nice set of wheels for summer.
Why get rid of the stocks? Why not just buy a set of snows on 18" rims from TireRack and then put the stocks back on in March/April? I got 4 245/45 18" Michelin X-ICE XI2 on decent 18" rims for $1200 shipped to my door. I made the switch this past weekend. No vibration issues, but I need to write a note on the dash or something to remind myself that I have winter tires on...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts