Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you get an all-season (A/S) tire the Goodyear Eagle A/S and the Michelin Pilot are tops but they are a compromise in the snow. The only winter tire in our size that I am familiar with is the Blizzak--they have a couple of different models--get the best one!! I have the Goodyears (to be mounted in Nov.) and I have heard good things about them. You do, however, get MAJOR snow up there so the winters are probably your best bet. Check out Tire Rack on the web for prices.

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've never changed to winter wheels/tires. Do you guys store your summer tires or wheels at your home? Do dealers store the tires/wheels for you? I'm just thinking that 4 tires and wheels will take up a lot of space in my small garage.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've never changed to winter wheels/tires. Do you guys store your summer tires or wheels at your home? Do dealers store the tires/wheels for you? I'm just thinking that 4 tires and wheels will take up a lot of space in my small garage.
I store them at home wheels/tires stacked in a corner or up on a shelf standing vertical when i had a real garage. They are now in my storage locker in my condo that i have now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've always had Bridgestone Blizzaks every winter and then one winter had to get Dunlop Winter Sport M3 tires on my BMW M3 and I did not like them. Replaced them with the Blizzak's the next winter and I really couldn't believe the difference. I live in Iowa and our winters aren't exactly snowless either. My opinion though!! However, snow tires make a huge difference no matter what!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I debated long and hard about the dunlops, but honestly, in NJ, the people drive all crazy here in the winter (yes more than usual) because it is dark for the commutes. I don't think I will be doing any crazy driving. I ended up going with Michelin x-ice2. They were cheaper and better rated for the snow. You live in Canada, I would think you want maximum snow abilities, not max performance, but that is just my opinion.

EDIT: didn't realize you wanted tires for the stock rims. I bought 18" rims with the snow tires. For maximum snow you need narrower tires. So I guess you can disregard everything above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.