Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
315 Posts
My dealer said they have the S5 winter floormats in the system inventory, but not in the catalog yet... and they are available to order (not sure if they are stocked in US or outside). He is doing more research to get me a photo and told me they don't stock S5 accessories at dealership, all special order. They come in Black or Graphite, and you can order front pair, back pair, or all 4.

· Registered
3,586 Posts
Folkie, I found what I assume is your post on another forum (since it's the same username). Hope you don't mind me taking the initiative to post your mats and thread link here as well for others to see. :) Perhaps you were already planning to do that and I just beat you to it?

Anyway, I figured posting the info. here might be helpful to other a5_oc members who are still trying to track down some winter mats.

· Registered
677 Posts
I am adding the pricing and part number from the other forum.

They were about $80 for the set of fronts(Audi Part # 8T1-061-501--041). I didn't bother ordering the rears.

I will be ordering a set of these tomorrow. I will also need rears. I have kids that ride in the back almost every day.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yep, that was me. Thanks for the X-post, TX.

The mats are working out alright, so far. They do show show prints pretty easily, but they feel good underfoot. We haven't had snow in the past few days here, but the rain is coming down pretty hard and it's nice to have the lipped rubber in there.

If anyone is interested, I also got the trunk grocery hooks. part # 6y5-867-615--B41 .. about $15 each. Don't bother ordering the screws and clips, though. they won't fit in the S5. I used #8-32 1" machine screws and rubber push-in expansion fasteners (I think they are called Rubber Well Nuts). I got them at Home Depot and can post their part # if anyone is wants it.

· Registered
3,586 Posts
If anyone is interested, I also got the trunk grocery hooks. part # 6y5-867-615--B41 .. about $15 each. Don't bother ordering the screws and clips, though. they won't fit in the S5. I used #8-32 1" machine screws and rubber push-in expansion fasteners (I think they are called Rubber Well Nuts). I got them at Home Depot and can post their part # if anyone is wants it.
GREAT info, Folkie! Thanks for sharing!

Yes, please go ahead and post the part numbers for the stuff you got at Home Depot, if you don't mind. I'm sure that will come in handy for quite a few people.

· Registered
483 Posts
Is it customary practice in the states to ask the dealer to throw in the "official" set of rubber/winter mats when you are putting down the deposits? Or is that typically extra?

· Registered
677 Posts
Usually you can get one set of mats tossed in. In the US the S5 comes with the cloth mats so you are stuck purchasing/ negotiating for the rubber ones. This has been the case on my last 5 car purchases.

· Registered
483 Posts
I am adding the pricing and part number from the other forum.

They were about $80 for the set of fronts(Audi Part # 8T1-061-501--041). I didn't bother ordering the rears.

I will be ordering a set of these tomorrow. I will also need rears. I have kids that ride in the back almost every day.
wrx, is the part number for the stock S5 winter mats or is that the number for the A5? do you know what's the part number for the rear for the S5?

· Registered
677 Posts
There are no S5 mats. Mine say A5 on them just like pictured above. I am waiting on the rears (which are available to backorder). I have only driven for a day with the front mats. They fit well and feel fine under my feet. This will really help the wear and tear on the cloth mats.

· Registered
9 Posts
seifufu,
It is pretty easy to get the dealer to throw in the mats. When I ordered they gave me 200 dollars credit toward mats b/c they had no idea when they were coming out.

· Registered
487 Posts
seifufu,
It is pretty easy to get the dealer to throw in the mats. When I ordered they gave me 200 dollars credit toward mats b/c they had no idea when they were coming out.
Yeah, I got my front mats thrown in, but am paying 50 for the rear ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.