Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

New here , get my S5 this friday 29.02.08 wondered what you guys think of the silver mirrors.As a BMW convert I'm more used to a discreet understated look , just feel the car would look neater with colour coded mirrors and the chrome around the windows gone , but Im prepared to be persuaded...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi All

New here , get my S5 this friday 29.02.08 wondered what you guys think of the silver mirrors.As a BMW convert I'm more used to a discreet understated look , just feel the car would look neater with colour coded mirrors and the chrome around the windows gone , but Im prepared to be persuaded...
I'm quite sure you can order color coded mirrors separately (standard A5 mirrors), but the silver is actually cool once you get used to them. They are actually part of the traditionnal audi heritage for all S and RS models, a speicifc distinction if you wish (like the honeycomb mesh on the Jaguar R models, or other - generally more visual and vulgar - distinctions on a Mercdes AMG or BMW //M series) It's an different and origianl way of catching the eye or other car driver's 'respect'...

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm quite sure you can order color coded mirrors separately (standard A5 mirrors), but the silver is actually cool once you get used to them. They are actually part of the traditionnal audi heritage for all S and RS models, a speicifc distinction if you wish (like the honeycomb mesh on the Jaguar R models, or other - generally more visual and vulgar - distinctions on a Mercdes AMG or BMW //M series) It's an different and origianl way of catching the eye or other car driver's 'respect'...
agree with S5France..you should be able to find coloured mirror housing ... i saw some S5 (the original aluminum look) ones for sale at another forum a few days ago.... or if not... just get them painted

also agree with S5France; the silver mirrors are one of the reasons why i went with the S5 instead of the A5 with s-line...

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I like the silver mirrors as a 'signature' styling for the S, but TBH I really don't like them with coloured cars... only black, Meteor and silver... where they stand out less, or keep with the black and 'chrome' theme (as with mine)

·
Registered
155 Posts
the silver mirrors are one of the reasons why i went with the S5 instead of the A5
Really Audi marketing will be pleased lol IMO the mirrors are cool in silver but the chrome window surrounds no no no no no no and no

·
Registered
483 Posts
the silver mirrors are one of the reasons why i went with the S5 instead of the A5
Really Audi marketing will be pleased lol IMO the mirrors are cool in silver but the chrome window surrounds no no no no no no and no
well... that's true... not the only reason... but one of the reasons nonetheless... i just like all the little touches in the S5 ...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I like the silver mirrors as a 'signature' styling for the S, but TBH I really don't like them with coloured cars... only black, Meteor and silver... where they stand out less, or keep with the black and 'chrome' theme (as with mine)
Don't forget white. :D

I wouldn't colour code them....it's part of the character of the S, but if you really don't like them then go for it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I thought audi had a de-chroming package but I have never seen this advertised for the s5.I am a fan of the chrome and think it looks at its best on red and sprint blue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
chroming

Personally , for me , the chroming is a huge negative.It ages , what otherwise is a great 'now' car.When I ordered I was told there was no dechroming option(something which is a basic option with bmw).

·
Registered
182 Posts
all of the S5s having the same color mirror surrounds is a plus to me because then when my wife* inevitably takes one off getting it into the garage i won't have to wait (and pay) for the shop to paint the new part to bodycolor for me..

like they have to do for our Q7..

*more likely me, actually

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yep, which is pretty much why I ordered Phantom Black... otherwise I may have considered Sprint Blue (which I am actually still considering, but I won't chose it until I see one IRL).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts