Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that it's starting to get rather hot in Texas (99F/37C today), I'm in need of a windshield sunshade for those times when I don't have the opportunity to park in a garage or covered parking. The parts guy at the dealership checked today and found that the A5 windshield sunshade does not yet exist (at least not in the U.S. parts system). He had A4 and A6 sunshades on hand that we tried fitting to my car, but those didn't quite fit (not surprisingly). And I don't want just any old standard sunshade that you can buy at the grocery store. I want one that's a custom fit for the car.

So, knowing how you folks in Europe seem to have certain parts/accessories available for the A5/S5 that we can't get here in the States, I thought I'd ask whether anyone has seen one of these windshield sunshades for the A5/S5 yet? If so, can you please provide a part number?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hmmm... that might be something to consider! The A4/A6 sunshields he showed me at the dealership today were priced at $42, so not that much less really.

Plus, I prefer the look of the one you provided the link for over the ones Audi makes. The Audi ones roll up and are flimsy, whereas the one on that site folds up nice and neat. It looks like the kind my mom has on her E-Class (which she got from the MB dealership), and I know from experience how much easier it is to work with that more rigid, fold-up type versus the flimsy, roll-up kind.

Thanks for the tip!

EDIT: Even though that site lists the A5 in the drop-down listbox, once you select it and click "Add", it returns the message: "THIS PRODUCT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE 2008 Audi A5."

WTF? :confused: Then why do they list the car in the first place?!? GRRRR! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep searching.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hmmm... that might be something to consider! The A4/A6 sunshields he showed me at the dealership today were priced at $42, so not that much less really.

Plus, I prefer the look of the one you provided the link for over the ones Audi makes. The Audi ones roll up and are flimsy, whereas the one on that site folds up nice and neat. It looks like the kind my mom has on her E-Class (which she got from the MB dealership), and I know from experience how much easier it is to work with that more rigid, fold-up type versus the flimsy, roll-up kind.

Thanks for the tip!

EDIT: Even though that site lists the A5 in the drop-down listbox, once you select it and click "Add", it returns the message: "THIS PRODUCT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE 2008 Audi A5."

WTF? :confused: Then why do they list the car in the first place?!? GRRRR! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep searching.
LAME!!! I will keep looking because I would like one too. C.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
GO SDS5! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Received my sunshield today. It fits the windshield like a glove ... perfect fit. I just wish it came in accordion style (would be much easier to work with instead of the roll-up type). Thanks again for the link, SDS5!

Audi part #: ZAW 400 809
Description: Custom Sunshield with Audi Logo

·
Registered
415 Posts
Received my sunshield today. It fits the windshield like a glove ... perfect fit.
That's good to hear, because I ordered one too. I was going to wait until you got yours so I could see your review...but I couldn't wait. Looks like mine should be here Monday.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Received my sunshield today. It fits the windshield like a glove ... perfect fit. I just wish it came in accordion style (would be much easier to work with instead of the roll-up type). Thanks again for the link, SDS5!

Audi part #: ZAW 400 809
Description: Custom Sunshield with Audi Logo
Good to hear. I was using you as my guinea pig; I can go ahead and order now......:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts