Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
After mucho Agro with this car 09 A5S 2litre petrol Convertible auto after 18 months this will be the first winter with the car. The mornings take forever to clear the inside of the windows whether outside is frozen or not. Any thoughts about the cause and the fix please? This is the only thing left (I hope) to having a really fab car.
Thanks
Ade

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Have you checked your carpets inside the car to make sure they are not wet / damp from a water leak? Moisture inside the car will always be the most likely cause of difficulty demisting in cold mornings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have been using Pingi dehumidifier pouches for about the past year and they seem to reduce misting-up quite a bit. I use two. They need recharging perhaps once a week. When its really damp I leave them on the dash (take them off to drive). They also seem to help with the blower-on mist-up you sometimes get. I regularly check for leaks, but leaving the car out this time of year where the hood is continuously wet is always going to be a challenge for condensation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, we don’t use the car much the last time was after the really wet weather and discovered about 10 pints of rain water in the back seat well. We obviously have a problem to resolve now. Cheers for responses, appreciated.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I always use a top cover if I know it's going to be frosty or snowing over night, not only does it stop condensation and ice it also stops the door windows sticking and damaging the window regulators on unlock, as long as you don't have a roof leak issue.

Mick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mick, I forgot to add that the radio randomly stopped working so I’m guessing I must have an electrical fault.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks Mick, I forgot to add that the radio randomly stopped working so I’m guessing I must have an electrical fault.
That could be caused by high levels of condensation, you may cure the problem with a dehumidifier but you must sort out your water ingress first.

Mick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts