Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a few questions about some window/automatic (possibly learned) settings:

1. When I take my top down, as soon as its all the way down, all the windows go up. I dont know if this is a factory setting, or a learned/programmed preference from the former owner, but I'd love to change it. Anyone know how?

2. I wouldn't mind terribly if the windows went up after I completed closing the top. Does anyone know how to adjust this?

3. Ive noticed that when I take the top down (at least when its colder out) the heat automatically goes on. Does anyone know how or why this does this?

Finally: What are the best aftermarket options for setting the car up so that I can control the windows and to from the remote?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a cab also and first thing I thought...........Isn't that stupid that the windows go up after opening the top and they do not close all the way after putting up the top. That is a factory setting. It may be something that could be coded via VDCS but I have not seen it specifically.

There are two climate settings. One when the top is open and one when it is closed. Set it with the top in the open/close position and it will switch with the top position.

Carista (and I assume OBD eleven) have options to lower windows with the fob but with my Carista, It does not work.

There is a module called Smart Top which can be setup to control the windows via the fob. It can also raise/lower the top via the fob and one touch raise/lower from the inside.

My CPO originally had one but did not know it. Testing the car.....wow the top opens by holding the fob button. I did not think that it came that way (and it does not). It was interesting the dealer/sales person did not know. I did not like the module to tell you the truth. I find the fob is very easily depressed when you put it in your pocket. A few times I came back to the car to find the windows open. The fob got depressed when I put it in my pocket. The one touch top sometimes was nice but a couple times I grabbed the switch when I meant to hit the all windows switch. With the one touch, the entire raise/lower process starts and continues unless you push/pull the switch in the opposite direction. Anyway, the top totally stopped working. I took to the dealer and diagnostics indicated there was a communication problem. Further investigation found the Smart Top module and they removed it. I contacted Smart Top and they said if I sent it back, they would look at it and possibly replace but I did not like it anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! Yeah, one touch top down doesnt seem worth it to me. That button is way too close to the all windows button, especially with consideration that the armrest's distance to the buttons moves when the arm rest moves.

Do you know why Carista doesnt work with your fob? Id be most interested in opening the windows with my fob.

The windows going up when you take the top down seems so incredibly dumb that I have to think its a setting. I just jammed my arm that was hanging out the window because I took the top down. Came home and posted this. And of course my other car raises the windows when I put up the top, so I'll forever be confused.

·
Registered
273 Posts
There are two climate settings. One when the top is open and one when it is closed. Set it with the top in the open/close position and it will switch with the top position.

Carista (and I assume OBD eleven) have options to lower windows with the fob but with my Carista, It does not work.
The climate settings are also paired with the key, so in principle two different keys can have two different behaviours. It will also store and recall the heated seat settings.

On my car (if I remember correctly), Carista can set the fob window opening to all windows or front only (sorry, its been a while and I don't have a subscription at the moment to confirm this - if you are really interested, I could have a look later). Actually, I thought this was on in factory settings. I should say you need to keep your finger on the fob for a while to open (unlock button) or close (lock button) the windows. My car is a 2013 build.

There are a bunch of settings for the roof behaviour with Carista but they only work with the advanced key.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Advanced key option on B8.5 cab allows key fob soft-top open/close but the fob button has to be held down until the folding/unfolding completes. Smart Top module allows single short click, both on fob and inter-seat switch.

·
Registered
2018 B9 A5 Cabriolet TFSI Quattro
8 Posts
On the B9 if you have the convenience/advanced key you can drop the roof with a short then long press of the unlock button. Without the convenience key, it just drops the windows.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.