Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the s5 now a couple of weeks,want to get the windows tinted just cant decide what percentage looks the best.
Dont want to go for front/back divide with fully tint at rear, want it more or less the same all over,anybody got any links to pics which will state what percentage they have ?cheers.:confused:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
In the UK the law doesn't let you tint the front driver and passenger window as they come with the max amount of tint from the factory.

Suggest you contact a quality supplier and fitter such as pentagon to advise you further.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
In the UK the law doesn't let you tint the front driver and passenger window as they come with the max amount of tint from the factory.
SAJ, but I noticed that forum member Vin (who's located in London) got his tinted. Check out this link. Perhaps his aren't legal? :confused:

EDIT: I just found further down in that thread where Vin commented on the legality of tinting.

"a lot of people in the UK say tinting front driver/passenger windows is illegal but Pentagon Glass (who are very reputable) say 30% is legal limit and if i ever get caught to mention to the Police where it was done and is entirely legal. i was considering darker on the front but they wanted me to sign a disclaimer so i stuck to the legal limit."

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
SAJ, but I noticed that forum member Vin (who's located in London) got his tinted. Check out this link. Perhaps his aren't legal? :confused:

EDIT: I just found further down in that thread where Vin commented on the legality of tinting.

"a lot of people in the UK say tinting front driver/passenger windows is illegal but Pentagon Glass (who are very reputable) say 30% is legal limit and if i ever get caught to mention to the Police where it was done and is entirely legal. i was considering darker on the front but they wanted me to sign a disclaimer so i stuck to the legal limit."
Thanks for that, I thought they were 30% from factory.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that ,i think Vin's looks about right at 30/50 want to keep it legal, bloke up the road from me was stopped by police and they took his illegal tints off for him,seems as though they are really cracking down on it.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Here in Missouri our limits are 35% front windows, and anything on back windows. I had 35% charcoal done all the way around. The car looks good and by using charcoal instead of black tint it matches the Meteor Gray better. Also there is not a noticable difference between front and rears like some cars that have staggered tint around here.

BTW 35% is light transmission or 35% gets thru, 65% gets blocked.

·
Registered
47 Posts
hi, not often i would say this about a specific subject, but i have a wealth of experience on window tinting to an s5, i have had mine done twice i have had things go wrong big time,i am a slow typer and it would take me ages to type out all that has happened to me and my car,also i have had to pull favours in at the dealers to sort it out thus i dont want to detail to much on here. you can call me on my mobile if you want its a 5 minute story but i promise you will be glad you spoke to me.0751 5678 567. cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone have pictures after you have tinted the windows. I am curious how much different the car looks with tinting.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Does anyone have pictures after you have tinted the windows. I am curious how much different the car looks with tinting.

Thanks!
Um, did you not see my post 3rd from the top in this thread? (There's a link to pics of A5/S5's with tinted windows.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts