Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have never had a car tinted before and would like some advise before I take the plunge to tint my black A5.
Can you tint a car on PCP if you plan to swap it at a later date?
Shall I go for light smoke, dark smoke or limo for the rears and has anyone had a sun strip added.

Cheers Lui

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
974 Posts
Hi all,
I have never had a car tinted before and would like some advise before I take the plunge to tint my black A5.
Can you tint a car on PCP if you plan to swap it at a later date?
Shall I go for light smoke, dark smoke or limo for the rears and has anyone had a sun strip added.

Cheers Lui
Technically no unless you’ve asked permission from your finance provider, as they can penalise you for returning the car back with tinted windows.

That or you take it off before giving it back 👌🏻

I went for 25% light transmission which is almost standard privacy tint from audis, limo black was far too dark for me previously.

~Alex

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
Lui dont go too far cos otherwise you look like a drug dealer hehe.

Reactions: LuckyLui68

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
974 Posts
i havent had a problem with any of my cars having tints
I would generally agree that tinting Windows even on PCP wouldn’t be a big no no lol.

Even if the company disproves the tint, just peel them off.

~Alex

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Technically no unless you’ve asked permission from your finance provider, as they can penalise you for returning the car back with tinted windows.

That or you take it off before giving it back 👌🏻

I went for 25% light transmission which is almost standard privacy tint from audis, limo black was far too dark for me previously.

~Alex
I will ask the question.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@LuckyLui68 I know lots of people who tint on PCP just take it off when u give back mate. See my tints below 15% back 70% front, When the police pull me for "Driving antisocially" they never notice the fronts.
View attachment 180303
I just ordered tints on my black optic 2022 A5. Shop said 20% tint and the darker was “limo” tints. What are yours? Fookin beauty of a car man.

·
Premium Member
2018 S5 Sportback
26 Posts
Are you going to apply the tint yourself or leave it to the professionals?...my car is silver and would like something done, think I will leave it to the professionals as I even struggle with cling film in the kitchen!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you going to apply the tint yourself or leave it to the professionals?...my car is silver and would like something done, think I will leave it to the professionals as I even struggle with cling film in the kitchen!
I went with a professional company. Charged me $255 for front and back and I left a $45 tip so $300 all in. Didn’t feel like hassling doing it myself. I can’t even put a screen on my phone without bubbles!
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2018 A5 2.0T Quattro 7 speed S-tronic Prestige
8 Posts
I Tinted mine and love it. I used ceramic tint for everything. I live in central Cali, 100+ degree summers, the ceramic keeps it cool. All back windows 5%, sunroof 2 layers of 5%, front windows, I started with 35% and then changed it to 20%. The Windshield got a Blackout visor, 0% you could call it. It looks great from the outside, the privacy is nice, but heat control was my main concern and this works. If you look close at the 1st pic you can see the visor. I went ahead and added a pic from the inside.The visor, realy nice to have. TINT IT!!! YOU'LL LOVE IT!!! Oh yeah even with as dark as my tint is i have not had a problem seeing.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts