Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a A5 2010 cab and want to get the windows tinted.

Do not want to go to the dealer as I am sure they will be a rip off.

Wondering if anyone in OZ (esp QLD) have had experience with any independent companies that do it.

I have found one called Tintmart, that is national and comes with a lifetime warranty.

They seem to be asking for $250 (i received a flyer in the mail).

Any thoughts? Other companies?

Dan

·
Registered
235 Posts
I know it's not NZ prices, but I just bought my A5 and the dealer fitted tints for free.

Noticed they marked the cost down at £300 - not sure if that is any help ?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Doesn't sound unreasonable to me. I went with 3M crystalline and it was much more expensive for the material alone.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Make sure they are aware of the issue with the trunk mounted power amp, which they can fry if they don't protect it from water while tinting.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Had a few of my cars tinted now, and had my bmw E90 saloon tinted last weekend all windows including the fronts (yes I know...) £185 fitted.

Look great went for light tint all round.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hi. Could you elaborate on this ? Thanks
Tinters use a lot of water when applying tint. Your amplifier is in the trunk, and water can leak onto it when tint is applied to the back widow. The amp needs to be covered or it can be shorted out.

Also, I had an A5 and S5 cab tinted. The tinter did the back window by raising it up via the top up/down switch. This made it much more accessible and easy--no need to crawl in back seat.

Reactions: His&HersS5s

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eventually found a place called tintacar which was recommended to me by the Audi dealership. Very professional and did a great job. Highly recommended. Dan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just chipping in to say thanks for all the links guys. I'll be sure to check out some of these retailers for some mods that my customers in the area are looking at too. Hopefully I won't have to break the bank for financing the upgrades that I’m thinking of!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts