Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Was just curious for all those out in Europe that already have an A5, does the glass come slightly tinted? Also, what does anyone think getting the glass tinted more would be wise? I'm thinking about doing this to help keep the cabin cool during those hot summer days?

Thanks in advance,
AB

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info...didn't know if they were tinted by default.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
It's just a nice subtle tint. Tinting it further would ruin it in my opinion.

Not sure as to what percentage tint it is. I think it may differ from country to country, as some countries have specific laws on window tinting.

Here in the UK, we can't have a tint more than 30% on our front (side) windows ... so 70% light must enter through those windows. Albeit, rear windows have no legal limit.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's just a nice subtle tint. Tinting it further would ruin it in my opinion.

Not sure as to what percentage tint it is. I think it may differ from country to country, as some countries have specific laws on window tinting.

Here in the UK, we can't have a tint more than 30% on our front (side) windows ... so 70% light must enter through those windows. Albeit, rear windows have no legal limit.
Tx, Rab. I'm gonna wait to see how it comes, then will decide. Like you said it's different from country to country. Here in the USA, the laws are similar to the front window tinting.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Spoke to a tinting company about my new A5 at the weekend and they point-blank refused to add any tints to the front sides as they now claim than "any" tint is illegal forward of the B-pillar.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Every State in the USA is different with laws... some states don't even let you have any tint in the front... Prhim... is there any "light" tinting int he front windows?

G

·
You can see that they are by comparing the parking lot surface and light on the other side of the car via the windows versus anywhere else in the photo.
not sure what you mean, but if my windows are tinted, then i must be blind cos i have been driving around for about 2 months now and not noticed it

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I can see it. It seems like standard level tint.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Visited my local friendly window tinter today and he didn't like what he saw at all. Basically, he said he would find it near impossible to do a good quality job on the rear window without actually removing the glass.

Apparently, the trim is so tight to the glass that he would have real trouble getting the tint film into the available space and there would be a risk that the film would have to be cut short, which means there is a chance the edge of the film might be visible under the 'dots' at the edge of the glass.

I'm going to speak to a different firm next week to see if I get the same answer.

Oh, and apparently, even my friendly guy has stopped tinting the front (side) windows as more and more insurance companies use this as an excuse not to pay out on claims. My fronts will definitely be staying clear!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After seeing the S5, I'm just hoping that the A5 will have the same level of tint. If so, I'm leaving it as is.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have had my S5 tinted with absoutley no prblems with the back window....used a light 100% UV block tint....looks brilliant and doesnt look like a gangsters ride :)
I would love to see how it looks like, could you upload some pics?
Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.