Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just wanted to know if anyone knows a good trustworthy place to get my windows tinted in the L.A. area. I live in old town Pasadena.

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi timmuhlbradt,

I'm also from Pasadena - closer to Lake/Del Mar, so not too far from you. I've taken my last three cars to A1 Supertint in El Monte. Kind of a sketch area, but they've done a great job and guarantee their work.

Do you own an S5? I'm expecting mine in about a month or so. Can't wait.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the recommendation! I'm looking for something a little closer though

Yes I do have a S5 I got it in MI back in October. I was very lucky, I walked into the dealership the day the guy cancelled his order from waiting so long. They had nobody on a list and it was spec'd out just the way I wanted it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you are open to annother suggestion, we've taken our cars to get tinted at Mike's Tint Shop over in Orange. Its a bit of a drive, but worth it :)

Let me know if you want a more specific location, I'll have to double check as I don't know if offhand!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Haven't been there myself, but I've heard good things about California Tint on Rosemead, that's fairly close to you in Pasadena.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm getting my car in a couple of days and I'm thinking of getting it tinted but I have a few questions that hopefully someone here can help with:
1. around how much would it cost to get the car tinted
2. how dark are we allowed to tint in california? I ask this because I have a friend who got a ticket for having his window tinted too much, but how much is too much?
3. How long does it take to get the car tinted, is this an overnight deal or can I just wait in the lobby for a few hours?
4. I heard that I could damage some sort of electrical box in the car somewhere when getting it tinted, so if anyone knows of a tint shop that is aware of the problem I would like to go there.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
948 Posts
4. I heard that I could damage some sort of electrical box in the car somewhere when getting it tinted, so if anyone knows of a tint shop that is aware of the problem I would like to go there.
Just tell your tinter to make sure he covers the area in the back with lots of towels, and to take it easy on the water usage. You should be all right then.

·
Registered
590 Posts
1. Depending on the tint, the price can go from the low $100's to mid $300's or so.

2. You can have the rear windows as dark as you want, you just cannot tint the front windows nor the windshield here in California.

3. It usually is a first come, first served deal and a few hours is the norm. However, if you go in at 11 and the store opened at 8, you're probably gonna be waiting there for a spell.

4. On the side panels, there are electronics that you MUST cover up (especially on the driver's side). I was so paranoid from the threads I read that I covered them with a double layer of heavy duty garbage bags and then shoved bunches of towels in the empty space.

I firmly believe that the A5/S5 looks so much better with the windows tinted but just keep in mind, that with any modification to your car, there can be negative ramifications (i.e. Fix-it tickets, blown amps, burnt out HID ballasts, etc.) and you have to proceed carefully. Other than that, welcome to A5/S5 ownership. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Go to Precision Automotive on Ventura in Woodland Hills. They do all of my cars (personal and those I sell) and they do the Ferraris, Maseratis, and Porsches for the Auto Gallery.

I am taking my new A5 Cab there next week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts