Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a issue with wind noise coming from the drivers window?
At highway speeds over the last couple of days I've noticed it. Sounds like
the window is slightly open.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Another forum member (CT-A5) started a thread about the same issue a couple of weeks ago. You may want to follow-up to see what the outcome was, as some folks had recommended taking the A5 back to the dealer. That thread can be found here.

·
Registered
256 Posts
When I picked up my A4 a few years ago I noticed a similar problem. I took it to the dealer, the technician made a few adjustments, and the noise disappeared. I'm sure your dealer can do the same for your A5

·
Registered
677 Posts
We have had similar problems on our MINI. It also lowers the windows when you open the door. The problems seem to stem if you open your door quickly and the window hits the frame. It knocks it out of adjustment. A simple tweak by the technician will fix it right up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Eat less beans:eek:

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have noticed it as well, will have them look at it. Also my mirror is coming off :-\

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have noticed it as well, will have them look at it. Also my mirror is coming off :-\
Could you be hearing your mirror hitting your window?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Could you be hearing your mirror hitting your window?
Well its the metallic cover is what is moving around. I think that is causing a bit of rattle.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just took mine back to the dealer and asked them to readjust the front driver's window. They told me that there's a TSB (technical service bulletin) for the issue. If you tell them about TSB# 2017462/1 they'll adjust the door seals and repair the roof trim mouldings as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi guys,

I am having this problem with my newly purchased '08 S5 as well, coming from the drivers side. At speeds above 50mph, the wind starts to howl and it becomes very pronounced on the highway around 70+mph.

I bought it from carmax. They replaced the entire weather stripping for the door, which took the noise from a whistle down to a pronounced announcing whooshing sound.

I took my car to Audi and the service manager said it's just normal (think he was clueless).

Would Audi still honor the follow TSB today if I took it in, or would they try to charge me? The car still has a couple weeks left on its warranty at carmax, but they and the local Audi dealer seem clueless, either telling me they can't hear it or that it's "normal". :no:

I just took mine back to the dealer and asked them to readjust the front driver's window. They told me that there's a TSB (technical service bulletin) for the issue. If you tell them about TSB# 2017462/1 they'll adjust the door seals and repair the roof trim mouldings as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.