89 Posts
Honestly, i would go for M3 last year .... but i spoted A5

r!No

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Honestly, i would go for M3 last year .... but i spoted A5

r!No
Strange to be looking at an M3 one minute and then an A5 the next. The S5 would be a closer match for the M3.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I switched from the 328 Coupe to the A5. Decided it was worth the wait :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
735 Posts
Me :eek:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I currently have a BMW E46 325ci Sport Convertible, and have my S5 on order. On test driving the S5 I think it is one of the best decisions I have made. However it was a two horse race between the new M3 and S5, but the interior and exclusivity of the S5 stole it.

Im very dissappointed to how 'lacking' the new interior for the new BMW's are!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well.. I can't vote "Yes" b/c I didn't have a BMW before and b/c I didn't place an order for the S5 yet. But I can't vote "No" either b/c I did switch - at least emotionally and expectationally. I originally wanted a 335xi with the M Sport package, but the M Sport is not offered in North America. Good thing I found the S5 and now even if BMW were to offer the M Sport, it's too late for them and I am not going to change my mind again. I wrote to them (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1403131&postcount=659) asking when they will offer the M Sport in Canada and all I got was lip service about meeting the need of our customer… yeah… whatever…

Furthermore, BMW Canada's made the process of importing from the US to Canada extremely costly (e.g., u have to replace the instrument cluster so that instead of having the speedometer in both mph and km/h you have only km/h at a Canadian dealer) in an effort to protect their Canadian dealers. This essentially forced anyone who wanted a BMW to accept outrageous and grossly out of line (relative to the US) Canadian prices ….

So yes, in short, it's pretty safe to say that BMW's lost me as a customer...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh forgot to say I left e90 320si (WTC Lim Ed)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I voted yes. I left an E46 330 ci Clubsport for my S5. Not a tough decision in the end although I think the E46 is easier on the eye than the new E92. Neither touch the looks and interior of the S5.:)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Had my 1st used A4 1.9TDI for 3 years,second A4 was 2.0TDI from new as of sept 06.
Traded A4 in Dec 07 for my S5 and hope to trade S5 for a RS5 in 3 years,if there is a RS5 out by then.

Never owned a BMW,prefer AUDI anyday but everyone to there own :)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Nope, now on my 4th Audi (all from new - I daren't add up all the depreciation I've suffered over the past 12 years or so... Keep that one for another thread maybe!). See my signature for the history.

I've previously posted about the shocking treatment I got from the local BMW dealer some years back when I was looking at an M3 and ended up with my S4. Never looked back since. I've heard they're pretty good now though as they've moved to a newer, bigger showroom just down the road from the Audi one.

BMW have also lost their way in the past 5-6 years in terms of both design and interior quality imho, so I didn't even look at the 330d/335d coupe, despite the greater performance (particularly with the 335d). Still very happy with my choice and still haven't seen another A5 or S5 on the road since I bought mine. I only saw 3 before I got mine anyway, so still seems very rare.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Voted No. Left Subaru STi. I was seriously looking at 335xi, M3, CTS-V, S60R and decided to wait for the S5.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did! Went from an e60 M5 to a S5 - much cheaper to run!

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Can't properly vote either, but there is no doubt whatsoever that if the A5 had not come into my reality, I would be driving a 335i right now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
....I don't think it is. I have a 328xi coupe it's sheer driving pleasure.
Audi's reliability also played a roll in my decision.

4 years 50,000 miles bumper to bumper coverage for free... Maybe in 3 years after I start hearing some good things about Audi's reliability. I'll pick one up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts