Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering, do you guys think it will work? Ibis White exterior A5, and Light Grey Interior(Is it even an option in US for Ibis white?)

I am tired of black interior but still into the Ibis white exterior. I originally wanted a Ibis White A5 S-line(for the front bumper) but the S-line comes in black exterior. Anyone think its a good idea to just buy a Ibis White A5 (non Sline) with Light Gray interior, then buy a S5 grill and front bumper? Anyone know how much would that be? If there are any pictures of that combo, will be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
White NO WAY

:confused:Sorry White does nothing to me, reminds me of Japanese cars in the early 80's, white vans and ambulances. I do know that colour is a matter of opinion but White NO WAY for me...

Cheers

·
Registered
298 Posts
Not for me!

Think this is a personal choice.............but not one I would make.

At the early stages of ordering I sat in and Ibis with Light Grey Interior.......and it just did not feel right. It was all too light and the contrasts was not there.........having said that I've ordered Phantom black with Milano black interior.

There were a few things that put me off the light interior.........again down to personal preference but I’ve listed them below:-

1) The White / Light grey combo just did not feel right

2) The black and lighter grey combo of the dash looked a bit of a miss-match

3) Even with the light grey interior the centre console on which the arm rest is built is still black. I know you will not be sitting in the back much but it looks strange from the back to have this large black section surrounded by the black plastic and then the side panels etc to be light grey.....again personal choice but it looked a bit cheap in my opinion.

4) The grey interior is very light and I suspect the seats will change colour fairly quickly but I do appreciate they can be cleaned (denim may be a problem) There is a thread on this if you do a search.

5) Resale may be a problem for this combination

Anyway that’s just my thoughts.
Glenn

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Wondering, do you guys think it will work? Ibis White exterior A5, and Light Grey Interior(Is it even an option in US for Ibis white?)

I am tired of black interior but still into the Ibis white exterior. I originally wanted a Ibis White A5 S-line(for the front bumper) but the S-line comes in black exterior. Anyone think its a good idea to just buy a Ibis White A5 (non Sline) with Light Gray interior, then buy a S5 grill and front bumper? Anyone know how much would that be? If there are any pictures of that combo, will be appreciated.
Checking the Audi USA website, that combination is not available anyway. With ibis white you can have black, linen beige or cinnamon brown interior. FWIW I have linen beige and am really happy with it. I've had several positive comments from passengers, as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There's a white 2009 A5 that's been sitting in front of my dealer's (Sunnyside, Middleburg Hts, OH) for weeks. It just doesn't have any immediate "wow" factor, which may be why it's still available..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love the white a5...in fact i have a white a5 with the linen beige. The funny thing is I was at the dealer about to order the black and on the lot was a white a5 with just about everything i wanted. Mind you its not an s-line and I kinda miss the fact that its not, however it doesn't bother me at all.

So far out of the a5's that i've seen no one really pays much attention to the black and the white just stands out. The lines of the a5 are much more visually appealing on the white. I can't tell you the amount of compliments, i've gotten....from people video taping the car on the highway...to getting thumbs up from people crossing in front of me....to 50' year olds rolling down their windows to telll me thats a beautiful car.

These are the pictures of my car...

http://www.mjmgallery.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=299

There's a white 2009 A5 that's been sitting in front of my dealer's (Sunnyside, Middleburg Hts, OH) for weeks. It just doesn't have any immediate "wow" factor, which may be why it's still available..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay got a question,

Can we order a replacement of the side panel(the area in the door area)?, if it gets stained etc. That seems to be the most prone spot with light grey interior, or white for that matter, just in case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.