Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I made a long trip to check the audio (see other thread) and, after more than 1000 km, I also tried how fast my S5 could go on the German Autobahn :cool:

Before I knew the answer, at 210 km/h there was a big, high-frequency whistle from the left/drivers side window (no, it was not the B&O :D). Apparantly the window must be tightened more closely to the car (since it is a frameless window/door). Anybody experienced the same? Is it easy to solve?

BTW: I topped 260 km/h on the instruments, forgot to look at my gps speed, will do it next time :rolleyes:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had some wind noise coming from the Passenger Window area while cruising at a mere 75 MPH. Audi adjusted the window under warranty and it has seemingly remedied the problem.

On a side note, at 260 km/h w/ Frameless doors you will have more noise/whistles than a full-framed door. Food for thought ;)

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had some wind noise coming from the Passenger Window area while cruising at a mere 75 MPH. Audi adjusted the window under warranty and it has seemingly remedied the problem.

On a side note, at 260 km/h w/ Frameless doors you will have more noise/whistles than a full-framed door. Food for thought ;)
:D of course some wind noise at that speed is not an issue, but a high-frequency whistle is very annoying (my S4 convertible(!) was even reasobably quit at those speeds, remember: in Germany it is very common to drive > 200 km/h (155 mph) for long time on a trip).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts