Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I've just registered on here today, bought my 2012 2.0 tdi 177 quattro in February 2020

I bought the car for comfort and economy. The car has comfort and no economy 馃槅

I had read before that you can get eco maps and basically even any performance map can give better mpg too.

I live in the UK, what is the best map I could put on my 100% stock car, no removals no deletes?

I really don't care about performance 1 bit or else I would not buy a 2.0 tdi. My last car was Focus RS... iv had enough of the speed now so really don't care I just want good mpg.

So in my circumstance what map would you suggest?

Thanks

Premium Member
2018 S5 Sportback
Have used them a couple of times on previous cars with no issues.

If you don't like it within 30 days they return the car to stock and return your money, nationwide outfit.

Premium Member
BUT like another member says, tuning is unlikely to bring better economy. The A5 is a solid and heavy car and the 2 litre engines struggle to pull the car. Ironically the 3 litre engines can consume less fuel cos they need to work less. My old 3.2 V6 was super smooth and not bad on fuel at steady speeds....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True. I have seen a few say they did get a better mpg though, especially on the 2 litre? I have remapped a couple cars, proper tunes not a generic map and yeah the mpg rise doesn't really happen.

but I did see a few saying it does on the 2 litre tdi. I had seen also somewhere once people saying they went for a firmware or ecu update and reported worse mpg after , then saying they they reversed the bad mpg with a remap. Any truth in that story?

A5 is great the only thing I would sell it for is because the mpg is really bad for a tdi. So I may aswell try something. Only went for the 2 litre as it was a black edition 2 miles away and on 19k miles when i bought it 2 years ago. On 35k now 馃檪

Premium Member
I'm afraid a map isn't going to do much, maybe 2-3MPG better if you're lucky. As has been pointed out by others, the 2.0 TDI is miserable anywhere but the motorway as it has to work so hard to get such a barge up to speed. Decent once you're cruising, but even then it's pretty much on par with the 3.0TDI in the 45-55 MPG range if you're hypermiling on the motorway. Pic below is my personal best (on a 3.0) after hypermiling like an absolute madman cruising about 60mph on the M1 trying every trick in the book. They're just not that economical cars, they're good but not great.
Speedometer Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Trip computer

Reactions: as400
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.