Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

To those of you who are long term Audi owners this may seem a daft question but I am trying to find out which model my car is. When looking for parts, modification parts etc they ask which model, B8, B8.5, B9 even seen F53 or F57 in some cases. I've rang Audi UK who went to great lengths to read off my chassis number, twice. Checked V% but couldn't see anything and nothing on paperwork from Audi when I bought it.
Car is registered as 2018 A5 Coupe 2.0 TDi Quattro. When looking on aftermarket sites, Amazon etc and I put in 2018, then the engine Quattro doesn't come up as an option. I've tried putting 2017 as the year model but same result.

Any help greatly appreciated.
:oops:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks vvv much.
Should have come here first rather than wasting 15 mins on phone to Audi where he couldn't get to grips with B8 B9 etc. He kept telling me it wasn't a V8.
Granted I come from Barnsley and live on Anglesey but my mish mash accent isn't that bad.

(y)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks vvv much.
Should have come here first rather than wasting 15 mins on phone to Audi where he couldn't get to grips with B8 B9 etc. He kept telling me it wasn't a V8.
Granted I come from Barnsley and live on Anglesey but my mish mash accent isn't that bad.

(y)
Les, I too live on Anglesey and have much the same trouble as you when phoning people and have to explain what I need more than once- and that's without throwing a Barnsley accent into the mix ??

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts
Lol I have EXACTLY the same questions re my old A5 and my new old S4, I got the info from Wikipedia cos they also have pics to help the er dummies like us....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts