Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi and thanks for reading this. I recently bought an A5 3.0L V6 TDI Quattro Sport which came with upgraded 19” alloys. I was surprised that there were no locking wheel nuts on the car. I’d like to buy some decent ones. Due to this lockdown, I’d have to buy them online, but I’m not sure which ones are compatible with the Audi wheel centre caps. Can anyone please advise? Sorry if this seems a dumb ass question, but every car I’ve ever bought already had locking wheel nuts fitted. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts
I can't give you a definitive answer, but you first of all should find a caliper and measure the nut thickness as well as thread pitch so you'll get a new nut that will actually thread in to your wheel hub. Second you need to figure out if your current wheel has a ball or conical bolt head seat in the wheel nut recesses.

Regards

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have a set of 4 of these Genuine Audi ones plus the correct 'P' coded Key which were used on the same 'Y' spoke alloys as in your pic that I don't need anymore, send me a PM if you're interested, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't give you a definitive answer, but you first of all should find a caliper and measure the nut thickness as well as thread pitch so you'll get a new nut that will actually thread in to your wheel hub. Second you need to figure out if your current wheel has a ball or conical bolt head seat in the wheel nut recesses.

Regards
Thank for replying with your guidance. Appreciate it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts