1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi This is Ryan.

I just put order for S5. I know, I gotta wait about 6 month and I think, it is

worth it.

Which exhaust should I get? need some opinion and info.

- AWE
- Milltek
- GMG
- MTM
- Eisemann (I know, they make many bmw exhaust, I saw B7 RS4 exhaust from Eisemann $3499)

Since Audi is German manufacture. I want nice quality German made Exhaust.

I like nice deep sound. (not too loud) just impress people a bit ^^

Thank you

and I am looking forward to make some friends on this Audi family Forum.

show up for meeting, crusing, talking about cars.

I am from Irvine California

·
Registered
457 Posts
Here are the brands I've had experience with:

AWE (DP+Catback)
Sounds like a Mustang as a handful of people, including myself who've installed this full setup, have shared on this forum as well as audiworld. I don't like their tips either; the way it's staggers, the double-bevel etc. 16-18hp gain. $ Cheapest setup of the 3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4q5oq5Wvrs&feature=related

Milltek (non-resonated Catback)
Retains the stock rumble + sound. It is noticeably deeper and louder than stock. Has the nicest looking tips compared to the rest in my opinion, and flows the best with the S5 rear valence. No performance figures posted. $$$ Most expensive setup of the 3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDCfVarjD7M

GMG
Sounds awesome/menacing from video clips. I cannot vouch for the sound as I've only ever installed downpipes with my Milltek, and not the full exhaust system. My milltek + gmg combo sounds almost exactly like the video. GMG is only available in oval tips, so this might be a deal breaker. 14-16hp gain. $$
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTDhj0AFzKQ

Other brands to consider: Stasis, Sportec, MTM, and Eisenmann
Also search this forum for more info, this topic has been discussed quiet extensively. Happy modding!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I love my AWE downpipes and Milltek (resonated) exhaust. Quiet as stock at idle, minimal booming at low revs and sounds positively violent when you get on it :D

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Alwin is bang on.
I prefer my Milltek as well. The GMG has a bit better sound, but is butt ugly....

·
Registered
384 Posts
AWE has a good sound but I prefer the Milltek tips.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I don't think the AWE sounds like a mustang at all. Mustangs sounds hallow and are higher pitched (at least to my ears).

I should add to my statement that I have never heard the AWE in person, just the youtube videos.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I get B&B Exhaust put on my S5 on Monday. Sounds files and pictures will follow. It is supposed to be awesome.
I have had B&B on Corvettes before and was very happy with fit and finish.

Tonny

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Definately is not ugly at all. Looks much different in person than in pics.
Oval is oval. To me, it's butt ugly, but that's just me....

·
Registered
493 Posts
Anyone knows anything about SUPERSPORT exhaust systems ? There is a video on youtube but after I sent them an e-mail they didnt respond...
Anyone has information about prices?
The tuning of the car looks like its made from Rieger but I cannot be sure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEKgFVYBdXs

·
Registered
457 Posts
Anyone knows anything about SUPERSPORT exhaust systems ? There is a video on youtube but after I sent them an e-mail they didnt respond...
Anyone has information about prices?
The tuning of the car looks like its made from Rieger but I cannot be sure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEKgFVYBdXs
The exhaust system is by Supersport, no production planned.
The exhaust tips are off a Porsche Cayenne, get it from any stealership near you.
The body styling is by Rieger, should be readily available from most car shops in your area.

sidenote: SAJ, I think you need to make your sig a little bigger, I can hardly see it.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
The exhaust tips are off a Porsche Cayenne, get it from any stealership near you.
The body styling is by Rieger, should be readily available from most car shops in your area.

sidenote: SAJ, I think you need to make your sig a little bigger, I can hardly see it.
No problem my friend, i'll double it in size just for you. :D:p

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
While we're on the subject, can anyone detail the difference between the Jet and the Special tips for the Milltek exhaust? I couldn't really discern a difference from the pics on the website.

-Ray

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
While we're on the subject, can anyone detail the difference between the Jet and the Special tips for the Milltek exhaust? I couldn't really discern a difference from the pics on the website.

-Ray
The jet tips are more rounded and straight up and down like the stockers. The special tips are slash cut inwards and have more sharpness to the edges.

Special tips FTW!!

Are you gonna go Milltek? When we link up you can hear my setup with downpipes..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just installed Milltek resonated w/ special tips. Louder than stock with a nice deep growl but fairly timid for an aftermarket exhaust. Noticeable midrange gains and an aggressive look. Very happy with the system and will not be doing the downpipes (too loud for my liking).

·
Registered
437 Posts
stasis exhaust

per previous post claiming stasis only gives 5hp

their website states 10-15+ hp/tq gains??

·
Registered
299 Posts

Alwin, any update on the supersport exhaust and if it is available now? Also, I saw on ebay that a set of pirsche cayenne tips are going for around $600, is that what the stealerships want too?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts