Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I'm trying to sell my 2011 Audi A5 Prestige w/ S-Line package. Very sad.... but I'm getting married and would like to save some money by selling it...

I've posted ads on Cars.com and Craigslist with very reasonable pricing, but no response so far. Does anyone know where I can sell it? No here... I would think...

I also have a full set of 18" Hartmann wheels + Michelin winter performance tires for sale.... where can I sell this?

Any feedback is appreciated!

thank you~:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
im guessing you are US based? how about ebay?

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
hey phive, if you let us know where in the US of A you are I am sure a fellow american will point you in the right direction..........

but before you do, are you sure it isn't the car she wants you for?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
What a tough decision
Wive or a5??
LogosGil
1. Did you actually make an offer on his wife and car
2. Did you make an offer on either his wife or the car
3. Did you make an indecent proposal for his car
4. Are you swapping your wife for the car
5. Please send pictures
6. Must be a good deal as Yorkshire folk know what is and what isn't

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Good balanced arguments LG. Like your thinking

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
toyota socks are now made for people who are not interested in socks and probably don't care if they fit or not

whatever happened to the company that made sleekerz'n supraz, mister twos, the wonderful 2000gt.......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hahaha, your replies made my day. I think I'll keep the wify for now.

I'm located in the US, Northeast region... any pointers?

Just called an Audi Dealership.... they are only willing to give $2000 below the lowest kelly blue book dealer "fair" value (not even the "good" value). That is a little bit ridiculous. My car is 100% accident free, with perfect maintenance record, and no physical defects. When I tried to ask for more information and told him that is way below reasonable price (with just 1 sentence), the Paul Miller (NJ) Audi used car sales manager George said "I'm not going to debate with you, if there are others willing to pay more, then go to them". I said "I'm not trying to debate, just trying to get some more information as to why this is the price"..... Then... he hung up.

Not sure if I want to go with the dealership route...

Anyways, thanks for the humorous posts, it got my sanity back a little bit. =)

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
nice to see the audi stealer arrogance travels well across the atlantic.

suggest you and the missus to be drop in one weekend, do the full test drive, spec up on something expensive, roll over on the price, tell them to start the paperwork and then tell them "only jokin......gonna buy it off (another stealer) who gave me a sensible price for my A5.........go and ask George why you have lost the sale"

·
Registered
571 Posts
nice to see the audi stealer arrogance travels well across the atlantic.

suggest you and the missus to be drop in one weekend, do the full test drive, spec up on something expensive, roll over on the price, tell them to start the paperwork and then tell them "only jokin......gonna buy it off (another stealer) who gave me a sensible price for my A5.........go and ask George why you have lost the sale"
What is a stealer?

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
hello mr mad, a term of endearment frequently used on this site for dealer......seems apt, given the amount of money charged for options which are standard on 10k hatches, service labour costs, and how much more they charge for oily bits because they have audi on them rather than skoda. Particularly apt in this instance where it would appear that a loyal audi customer, who was looking forward to returning to them in the future, has been offered a derisory sum for his car and told to sod off if he doesn't like it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
8 Participants
rackingman
Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum
A5oc Forum is an international Audi A5-S5 owners club to discuss mods, AWD quattro, turbo upgrades & more
Full Forum Listing