Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Ahh thanks but I found them cheaper on mytyres £149.63 each!

That's who I gave the link to!? :)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Dave,

I noticed on the advert for them it says A4 A6 and A8 why not A5? you sure there going to fit mine lol
I emailed them to see what they say
Ah, this will be an offset issue! Sorry I didn't check that! When I bought the rotors for my A5 3.0tdi, it said it was ET35 available only which are the even numbered models like A4, A6 etc as the A5 and A7 have a wider body shell. Basically the wheels will sit slightly further in the arch. They will fit, just you may want to add spacers as we normally do on the A5/S5 anyway. :)

Std OE offset is ET33, so they should be fine, but in my opinion adding spacers will make it look much better.

I had spacers anyway, so the ET35 offset wasn't an issue for me. Also as the 20s are slightly wider, they may not be much different. They are half an inch wider, so this alters the offset by about qtr of an inch or about 6mm. so effectively an ET29 which is fine on the A5. :)

Do check with them as I now know they provide the Rotor style wheel with offsets to suit all models, then you may not need to add spacers!

On my S5, I have the OE rotors that are 19" with offset ET33 ( I think). I thought they sit too far in the arch as standard so have fitted spacers as I did on my A5, so now the offsets with spacers are F ET18 (15mm spacer) and R ET13 (20mm spacer) :)

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nice one mate.

I will ask about this when I order them!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Ps, the gunmetal finish has ET25 which says A5, A7! :D
So they do do the correct offset. I still think spacers are the best option too, unless you find the wheels with an offset down near ET15.

Did you want black inner colour or gunmetal?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ps, the gunmetal finish has ET25 which says A5, A7! :D
So they do do the correct offset. I still think spacers are the best option too, unless you find the wheels with an offset down near ET15.

Did you want black inner colour or gunmetal?
I'm going for the black ones mate, I wanted to ask you where can I get the center bit with the 4 rings on it? and if possible in black?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sorry not read all of the post but 20' RS5 alloys have an offset of et 26 where as the S5 19's have et33. The std tyres on a RS5 are 275/30/20 where as if you upgrade to 20' wheels on a A5/S5 your tyre size should be 265/30/20.
If your after the centre caps for your wheels they are 69 mm not 60 mm .
I use these and replace them every 12 months when they start to fade.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks, Redline_Dtm1,

If you check my door card it says the standard is 255/35 19 And I spoke to the wheel people and said 255/35 or 265/35 is the size this alloy should have.
I want to keep the comfort of the 35. I will grab them Center Caps mate thanks for the link.

This said gents, I want to know if there's a way to adjust the speedo in the car? So it reads it has an extra inch. I check my vcds today and found this area

But I can't change it there is no options in the dropdown. I read this post on RossTechs site.
But I have the same issue when manually entering options it refuses the code.

I can enable bit7 but I don't have a clue what that dose!

Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
That looks interesting, but I'm not techy with VCDS, I can only follow what others have done. But looking at that it looks possible. Did you go into security first, enter the code, then into this option? It might reveal some parameters to change.

I messed with VCDS last night, doing a quick error check and also fixed the annoying radio on everytime you start the car. The only way to stay quiet on start up was to turn the MMI off. But changed the green screen settings to keep it on mute on start up. My B8 2G never did this and in my opinion was faster at processing than the 3G. :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ceramic Coated them last night and this morning there looking good. Got my PS4S tires in the back ready to go

Just need to find audi center caps and black bolts for the wheels

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Can't the fault quality of those reps! Some might say they may not be as strong, but I've not heard anything regarding that. CM Wheels (Ireland) do tend to get a lot of BM owners buying them!

Looking good!

I'm thinking my next set of tyres will be Mitchy PS4Ss! :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ceramic Coated them last night and this morning there looking good. Got my PS4S tires in the back ready to go

Just need to find audi center caps and black bolts for the wheels
View attachment 178381
Looking good.

I'm in the market for a set of PS4S's. F1 Autocentre is the cheapest I can find online fully fitted.

Where did you buy yours?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Cost-co have decent prices and have the £100 off for 4 Michelin tyres.
Mytyres are good, but sometimes Camskill tyres do good deals. Camskill have PS4Ss at £145 per tyre 255 35 19 - fitting I normally get done locally at around £10 per tyre. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
When I fitted my PS4S tyres in December, depending on when I checked cheapest was either Kwik Fit or F1 Autocenters. I ended up going to F1 Autocenters as I despise KF.....

Costco did not have the PS4S, they had the older version when I asked

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Mytires i used. AsdaTirews was good too

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Anyone know where I can get black wheel bolts and a audi badge lol

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thanks I will mesure tomorrow :)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
The bolts are normally plastic covers too, you can get them in grey and black, so you can use your bolts and put the caps on the bolts? :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
There's loads of black centre caps available on eBay (that's where I got my last set), or you could try stealth badges, who have them too (you'll get all other black badges from there, too):

As for bolt covers, again, eBay is your friend:

I got mine off eBay and they're spot on. At that price you can afford to replace them every year, too! Little point in paying full Audi price for such things.

I managed to get some 20" OEM versions of those wheels from a wheel company in Germany with a 29et. I used to run them as summer rims on a Daytona grey S5 sportback, but they've since become winter wheels for my RS5.

I think I'll be getting some black wheel weights for balancing next time I replace the tyres. The silver ones can look a little incongruous on gloss black wheel, imo.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts