Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car doesn't have B&O, I am considering an audio upgrade, I can see where the audio leaves the amp but there is only one channel for the front left and another channel for front right, each side has 3 speakers as far as I'm aware with a midbass in door, a tweet in door sail panel and midrange in the dash. It must have a passive crossover somewhere, does anyone know where?

·
Registered
517 Posts
If you don't have b&o there are no tweeters in those sail panels, they look like a speaker grille but are actually solid.
I could be wrong and stand to be corrected but I think the central dash speaker is primarily for the phone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... what about in the dash then? Anything in there or is all the sound from the door driver?

·
Registered
544 Posts
If you are talking about the B8/B8.5 models, then the non-B&O system has mid/tweeter in the dash connected in parallel with the door speakers. The B&O has tweeters in the door in parallel with the mids in the dash so it has an extra pair of wires going to the door to do that.

The standard amp has six output channels, FL, FR, RL, RR, Front centre and Sub.

The B&O amp has ten outputs, adding FL, FR, RL and RR mid/high outputs.

The B9 is quite different with the B&O having two speakers in the door, one on the dash and two tweeters in the A-pillars. I don't know about the non-B&O version.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you have a B8 (maybe works for b9?), you can read my post here. Just posted it today.
Amazing sound just by this upgrade. Dash ones aren't worth the work in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts