Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far the dealers I have spoken to are telling me to wait until late April. As of today they don't have any material for the car yet.

I am located in the San Francisco area. Interested to see how the chips fall by regions of the world.

·
Registered
68 Posts
1st delievery in july, dont bother going down and expecting to leave with 1 same day, those are for people who preordered in march april. order now you'll get 1 sep/oct, depending on spec e.g. if you ask for it in pink (god i hope you dont) dont expect to get 1 til oct, if you get 1 with boring specs, i.e. no extras what-so-ever with boring paint like boring silver with boring leather then you'll get 1 very quick, and god i hope you dont again, it would be such a shame and an insult to audi if you do, the A5 deserves so much more.

·
Registered
29 Posts
blinky...i have a standard black on order - internal trim spiced up a bit you'll be pleased to hear - but mine is delayed till next week in waiting for the paint....like you say they wait until they have a whole "paint pot" worth of orders in a certain colour before they paint the thing...

I was going to get white - but everyone talked me out of it... jury still out till i see one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
blinky...i have a standard black on order - internal trim spiced up a bit you'll be pleased to hear - but mine is delayed till next week in waiting for the paint....like you say they wait until they have a whole "paint pot" worth of orders in a certain colour before they paint the thing...

I was going to get white - but everyone talked me out of it... jury still out till i see one.
My local dealership has one in white. It's nice, but I wouldn't want one myself. The new TT looks really good in white, especialy with the red leather, but the A5 just doesn't seem to carry it off quite as well. Plus I wouldn't want to clean it every day! Although black needs a fair amount of cleaning, it gets away with it so much better than white. I think you made a good choice, the A5 looks so mean in black.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts

I've actually ordered one in white, it'll arrive on september 1st. I thought i'd bite the bullet and just go for it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
a5 quality issues????????

I've actually ordered one in white, it'll arrive on september 1st. I thought i'd bite the bullet and just go for it.
I would check with your dealer on the delivery your expecting,my car has been at factory stage 7 for 4 1/2 weeks(ordered feb) was informed yesterday audi have got quality issues,and any cars not at factory stage 8(completion)can excpect a 5 week delay.Along with ongoing delays(rail strike last week)and poor service fromAUDI WARRINGTON(LANCASTER GROUP) im seriously considering canceling my car and going back to BMWwho seem to appreciate your business more:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would check with your dealer on the delivery your expecting,my car has been at factory stage 7 for 4 1/2 weeks(ordered feb) was informed yesterday audi have got quality issues,and any cars not at factory stage 8(completion)can excpect a 5 week delay.Along with ongoing delays(rail strike last week)and poor service fromAUDI WARRINGTON(LANCASTER GROUP) im seriously considering canceling my car and going back to BMWwho seem to appreciate your business more:mad: :mad: :mad:
Bugger! I have ordered mine from a Links Audi group member, but my car still hasn't started production yet. I think it was slated to start next week. I really hope I don't get hit with the same 5 week delay. If I do, I'll be taking the RS4 that's in the showroom.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Nooooo! Sad to hear that mate!

The last letter I had (letter 2 of 3) confirmed it would be completed on w/e 27th of august, for delivery on september 1st.

Hope it isn't delayed, would be an absolute gutter :eek:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a call from Audi today. They told me that my order would be delayed 3-5 weeks! Apparently there is a change being made to the manufacturing process. Whether this means that they found a fault, or they are changing their tooling I don't know, but I gather that my car won't be with me for a couple of months now at the earliest.

I've very, very tempted to take the nicely specked RS4 they have in the showroom.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts