1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm guessing he's got it back by now. Getting it back is one thing I wouldn't move slowly on!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Rear wheel drive offset would be different than quatro wouldn't it? So the same wheel to fit the Audi would not look as deep?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Rear wheel drive offset would be different than quatro wouldn't it? So the same wheel to fit the Audi would not look as deep?
They are custom wheels, so you can get a lip of just about any depth. looks like a 3-3.5" lip on the pictured car...totally doable on an S5 with custom forged wheels.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The offset will be a tad different, but the rear lip will be the same as shown, which is just shy of 4 inches. One thing to note about this wheel is that the face is absolutely flat. There is no convexity or concavity (are those words?) to the wheels whatsoever. I mention that because a 4" lip on these wheels looks more like 4.5 because the barrel intersects so straight with the inner rim.

The wheel is a Work VSXX and the color is "Burning Black". A little lighter than gunmetal, but darker than silver.

I went 20X9 front and 20X11 rear. Will be running 305's out back......:cool:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
LOVELY. I absolutely adore Work wheels. I wish they didn't discontinue the VS-SS which I have on my Toyota...

-Ray

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are very good looking wheels. Looks like about $800-$900 ea for 19"
Yep, but my supplier can shave 25% off of that if you use my name. I have probably bought 7 sets of wheels from him over the years....

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What would you guys think of this wheel in gun metal on an Ibis White?
Sorry, I meant Hyper Black.
I think the design is nice, but not for the S5.....

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hmmm tasty. What's the ETA sizzle?

Another jap option to consider could be Volks...saw these on a TT, and they look pretty sharp, and I'm sure they are light as hell:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Two weeks or so. I still don't have my car from impound so no rush.....:mad:

Now I need to find someone to black out the window trim in SoCal...

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 22 Posts