Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm being told that the 09 no longer has the upgrade on the wheels 19" five spoke... any idea what those new options are if any at all?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your question. :confused: Are you asking what are the other available A5 wheel options other than the 19" five arm Y-spoke wheels?

Where are you located? Please update your profile to reflect your location.

Available wheel choices can vary based upon which country the car was produced for. For instance, optional 20" wheels are available in some markets while optional 19" 20-spoke wheels are available in others.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks TX
Just got off the phone with the dealer... (by the way Hartford, CT USA) two things have been discontinued,
  • 19" 5 spoke Y design wheels N/A
    • S Line Pkg N/A

My car has been allocated ... I can live with the standard 5 spoke or get after Market wheels ...
      Thanks again for responding...
      Zotzman

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's "currently unavailable for order", but doesn't mean it won't be available eventually... I think it's a supply chain issue.

·
Registered
209 Posts
FYI. Ordered an Audi A5 S-line in April, allocated in July for October delivery. I asked if my order would be delayed sent back because of the wheel issue. Audi e-mailed my dealer the following:

"The order is scheduled for week 38 production with an ETA to the dealer by the end of October. It is moving, albeit rather slowly due to the 19" wheels."

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hopefully they already have enough in stock for the orders already placed so it won't affect production time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am picking up my wife's 2009 A5 tip today that came in on an order that was cancelled (and we lucked into) and it did come with the 19" five poke 'Y' alloys...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On the way there you should stop and get a powerball ticket... safe driving and good luck with the car!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sup fellas. Newbie here so this is my first post. I am looking to order one soon but I had a concern about the tires. I hear the 19" Wheels are summerline tires which would be due for a replacement when you get to 10,000 miles. Being I live in NYC I don't think the tires would last long. I'm thinking of just going with the 18" but I would really hate to do it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The way this car drives you would be hard pressed to tell the difference.... Unless you are a serious and I mean serious driver and like to take highway ramps on or off... hahaha ...at excessive speed ?
Have you test driven one yet... ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did a little research and I've been told (I'm not the expert) that filling the tires with Nitrogen will keel the tire from fluctuating due to temperature, etc and add significant life to the tires and improve gas mileage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Funny you say that... My boss just left the office not 30 minutes ago to pick up his new vehicle... Nissan GT-R... jeeze what a car anyway he was telling me that this car come with special tires filled with nitrogen... I not an expert but I think he also mentioned the tire had to have a special bead around to seal cause the N pressure was so different. So I don't think N can be put into just any tire and rim combination.... again not positive....

·
Registered
23 Posts
According to the dealer they can fill any type of tires and guarantee it. I'm even thinking of filling my Harley with it....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven't test driven one yet because neither of the two dealerships in my area (Westchester) have any 6 Speed A5's, which I'm insterested in. No sense to test drive an Automatic. Wife hates the 18" tires and wants to go with 19" (I agree with her):) I called the dealership today and the sales rep said that I could get away with 19" in the rain, and light snow. Once it starts coming down then they would not be good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts