Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Bought these wheels below cos i had two cracked wheels, was told theyd fit an a5 but take them to the garage today and theyre not even close, will they fit with spacers or should i just cut my losses sell em and buy some diff ones

Any help would be most appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
They may fit the A5, but the A5 has a 'wide body' sat on the B8 A4 platform, so it requires wheels with a low offset.

OE offset or the ET number should be in the region of 30. ET52 will be good for VWs, A3, A4 and A6, not A5 or A7, unless you like your wheels sat deep inside the arches!? Also it might not clear some components in the wheel arch like suspension or brakes etc.
What is the centre hub bore size? Should be 66.6mm.

The 19" rotor alloys on my S5 are ET32, I think, but even these sit too far in in a lot of people's opinions. I have fitted 20mm spacers at the rear and 15mm at the front. You would need spacer that are about 40-50mm, which is a tad thick!! I would sell and buy wheels with an offset of at the most ET35.

Quick calculation compared to OE alloys on the A5
Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have the inner rim approx. 26mm closer to the suspension. The outer rim will be 14mm further into the arches.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi everyone

Bought these wheels below cos i had two cracked wheels, was told theyd fit an a5 but take them to the garage today and theyre not even close, will they fit with spacers or should i just cut my losses sell em and buy some diff ones

Any help would be most appreciated
I believe the stock offset is 35

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
What Dave said, not a good idea to fit massive spacers cos it would put alot of extra stress on the wheel bearings and it would also not look right......cut yer losses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts