Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anybody had fitted wheel spacers without lowering their can? If so how does it look? I am not really into serious mods but fancied the idea of the wider look with the spacers. 15mm either side seems to be the size most on here have, is that the norm as i dont want the monster truck look.
Also can the a5 H&R spacers fit on the s5 ok as i may be able to get my hands on a set?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If so how does it look?
See attached photo showing two S5s not lowered (top one is stock, bottom one has spacers... not sure on the width though)

Also can the a5 H&R spacers fit on the s5 ok as i may be able to get my hands on a set?
yes

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
Wow! The car with the spacers looks so much better than the stock.

This may seem like a silly question but I take it that spacers are only abvailable as an after market option? The dealer couldn't fit them for me prior to me taking delivery?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I did 20MM (F) / 25MM (R) before lowering the car. Fills the wheel wells perfectly IMHO!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your helpfull advice guys. I am thinking of 15mm on the front and rear or is it advisable the make the rear bigger as the rear wheels are more recessed that the front?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Thanks for your helpfull advice guys. I am thinking of 15mm on the front and rear or is it advisable the make the rear bigger as the rear wheels are more recessed that the front?
I'd go with 20mm front / 25mm rear.

I just ran across a photo (below) on another forum of that same car I had posted above with spacers. It's confirmed that he's running 20/25mm spacers.

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
Very easy - if you get the hub-centric ones, they just slide directly onto the hub centre, you line-up the bolt holes, put the wheel back on and away you go.

Remember that you will need extended wheel bolts as well though.

You'll only need longer bolts if you use spacers like the H&R "DR-type" spacers, if you use their TRAK+ DRA spacers they use the stock bolts and bolt to the car:

If you had to pick one, either spacers or lowering....go with the spacers first it gives a more aggressive stance. However, if you have 20" wheels (or plan to get them), the stock ride height is too high for those size of wheel, in which case I'd lower first.

·
Registered
470 Posts
God i'm so embarrassed to say this because i'm sure im the only one on the forum that doesn't know this but...what are spacers and what do they do :eek:

same question applies for coilovers

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
God i'm so embarrassed to say this because i'm sure im the only one on the forum that doesn't know this but...what are spacers and what do they do :eek:

same question applies for coilovers
Wheel spacers serve to push your wheels further out to the fender edge for a more aggressive look and better handling.

You can read about what a coilover is here.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Spacers and Drive Select

I have done several searches over the past few months on the impact of spacers on a Drive Select S5...doesn't seem to be a definitive 'yes' or 'no'. If I have Drive Select, should I stay away from spacers? I was thinking of going with the 20/25 look because of the aggressiveness, but don't want to have any negative impacts on Drive Select...any thoughts?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have done several searches over the past few months on the impact of spacers on a Drive Select S5...doesn't seem to be a definitive 'yes' or 'no'. If I have Drive Select, should I stay away from spacers? I was thinking of going with the 20/25 look because of the aggressiveness, but don't want to have any negative impacts on Drive Select...any thoughts?
+1 would like to know this too. anybody with drive select and spacers?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ok, after reading all the post I kinda need your opinions...
I'm waiting on my S5 (delivery in Dec) and I'm getting these rims as my winter wheels:

Dimensions 8,5 J x 18.

Now, I'm thinking of buying H&R spacers with the offset: 20 mm (Front) / 25 mm (Back).
Any opinions on this setup? Would it fit these wheels or is the offset too much?

In my mind it works, but I have no experience with spacers so I can't really relate to how it would look in real life :) But let's say if this fit is ok with 20 mm / 25 mm on stock wheels... Would I need to buy new spacers if I were to say buy new 9,5 / 10 x 20" wheels later in the summer?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.