Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Wheel selection: Best looking and performance combo?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
My pick is the HR 890R rims...they should create a cool effect when u watch them sideways ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Don't you guys like the rims that Audi offers u ? :) IMO the 19'' that from Audi are the best rims for the S5\

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
IMO... stick with the stock 19" rims and spend the money on lowering, spacers and a milltek... and keep the $1,000 change!

19" with lowering looks perfect (meaner and lower than with 20s) and won't rattle your fillings.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
IMO... stick with the stock 19" rims and spend the money on lowering, spacers and a milltek... and keep the $1,000 change!

19" with lowering looks perfect (meaner and lower than with 20s) and won't rattle your fillings.
Good idea, although i'm still undecided on what to do.....to much choice and not enough money.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks for the input, I do love the way your car looks with the lowering and spacers.

But two things:
Wheel weight is high on the stock rims, then add spacers to the mix.
Dymag’s are on the order of 15~ 18 lb each, huge weight savings.

Is the ride really that bad with 20's?

Some eye candy…

Attachments

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Don't you guys like the rims that Audi offers u ? :) IMO the 19'' that from Audi are the best rims for the S5\
Yeh well I do, but I think its more about making the car that more individual to the owner than anything else.

On top of that everyone has different taste, for instance I quite like the ghetto bling look on "some" cars but others especially on this forum are the complete opposite.

So really go with what pleases you, at the end of the day not everyone is going to like your choice, but if you do then who cares.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

If you get a 265/30/20 tire, the sidewall height is still over three inches and is only a fraction less than a 255/35/19. Ride will be close to the same as has been widely reported. The ride height with lowering springs will be a tad higher because of the rim diameter and for me this is a good thing. I don't think this car should be riding on its wheels.

The 19's with spacers looks nice, but not even close to a properly fitted forged 20" wheel.

·
Registered
356 Posts
9.5x20" Dymag's without a doubt. (265/30R20" tyres)
And wheel centre in body or darker grey color like exhaustvalance.

Jarod.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you get a 265/30/20 tire, the sidewall height is still over three inches and is only a fraction less than a 255/35/19. Ride will be close to the same as has been widely reported. The ride height with lowering springs will be a tad higher because of the rim diameter and for me this is a good thing. I don't think this car should be riding on its wheels.

The 19's with spacers looks nice, but not even close to a properly fitted forged 20" wheel.
Thanks for the info on the ride quality. I totally agree with the fit, function and personalization that a nice set of wheels provide. Great looking S5, BTW!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts