Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's A5 came with the 19" five spoke 'Y' wheels and summer tires. I had posted previosuly about getting some winter or all-season tires, but have also decided to get another set of wheels to mount them on to save the 19" from the winter salt.

I've noted that many of the suppliers don't specify the A5 or S5 in their spec sheets, so was wondering if anyone knew if there is another Audi model whose wheels are interchangeable.

thanks

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
This has been covered in a lot of threads regarding the center bore difference that doesn't allow some Audi wheels to interchange. I'm sure the 2009 A4 has the correct size though. The A5/S5 also uses closer to RWD offsets, so even if you squared away the center bore difference, you'd need a spacer just to get the wheel to sit correctly and/or not hit the inside of the wheel well.

As I've said in a lot of other threads on wheels, the easiest thing to do is pretend you are shopping for a Mercedes, and you'll get the correct center bore and offset. So for example those Brabus-knockoffs you can get on ebay for $550 would fit fine and would work great as snow tires.

-Ray

1 - 3 of 3 Posts