Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I’ve just purchased a 2012 Audi A5 s line convertible and looking to upgrade the wheels
Was hoping you guys could help with information to help me
Does anyone know whether 19s or 20s would be better and what tyre size I would need along with the offset
What sizes does everyone have please
Running standard suspension aswell thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Dear Wood welcome and you must be a very lazy fellow, do some research on here and your questions will be answered!!!!

·
Registered
Audi S5 Black Edition Mrc Stage 2
493 Posts
Hi mate not to sure what you mean by would they be better?
Increasing the size of your wheels can effect the overall ride quality because you have less sidewall on the tyre but a wider footprint on the road due to the increased width of the tyre.
If you have 18's on now and want to upgrade to 19's then a 8/8.5J wheel with an offset of ET33 will go straight on and fit 255/35/19 tyres will see your speedo reading correctly and not effect the ride quality with no suspension modifications needed.
If you decide to go for 20' wheels then an 8.5/9 J wheel are popular with an offset of ET26/28 gives the car a more aggressive stance and you should fit 265/30/20 tyres to keep your speedo running true.
However a lot of A5 owners opt for 275/30/20 (RS 5 fitment) as they are a lot easier to get hold of and are a great deal cheaper than the 265 /30/20 and don't throw the speedo out massively.
I have 20' Audi rotors on mine with 265/30/20 and car is on standard suspension and find the ride is firm but not uncomfortable even on long journeys.
Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
255/35/20 is also a valid option on 20" 9j. Not in any official Audi approved size lists, but there should be no harm in it (should be declared on your insurance though). They're also vaaaastly cheaper than any of the other 20" options, and a little more comfortable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts