Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there guys!!

I have a 2010 A5 1,8 tfsi B8 A5 coupe and I am about to f*ck up the geometry of the car (hopefuly not)...Anyway, I am basically searching for new rims - (i dont really know what brand yet) and I am trying to figure out the best fitment for a clean flush look. I would really hate scrapes and all and I really dont wanna go for spacers, so new bigger wheels is the only option for me. I dont wanna go beyond 19 inches, so its gonna be either 18'' or 19'' and i personally prefer 18 to be honest cause roads is Greece are a bit messed up...So my questions are:

1) 18'' or 19""?
2) what width and ET for flush look?

Please consider that I will change suspension right after the wheels and I will be lowered than stock - about 3cm (dont wanna go lower)...

Thanks a lot in advance, any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
Audi S5 Black Edition Mrc Stage 2
451 Posts
Hi if you decide to go for 18' wheels ideally your wheels should be 8.5j x18 and I believe the offset is ET 29. Tyres wise you want 245/40/18
If you opt for 19' wheels the wheels should be 8. 5/ 9j x19 and the offset is ET33 along with 255/35/19 tyres

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi if you decide to go for 18' wheels ideally your wheels should be 8.5j x18 and I believe the offset is ET 29. Tyres wise you want 245/40/18
If you opt for 19' wheels the wheels should be 8. 5/ 9j x19 and the offset is ET33 along with 255/35/19 tyres
Thanks for your reply mate!

Is this gonna be flush to the wheel arches? and considering 3cm lower than stock will i get any scrapes and unpleasant sounds?

Thanks again

·
Registered
Audi S5 Black Edition Mrc Stage 2
451 Posts
This is the std Audi fitment so will be just inside your arches but no rubbing or scraping etc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the std Audi fitment so will be just inside your arches but no rubbing or scraping etc
Do you by any chance have any picture of a car fitted with either those 18s or 19s ....I am a little bit concerned about how far our they gonna be...I mean i want them to be as far out as it can get without having issues...thanks

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Black. I think that you sound like a wise fellow. BUT I would not drop the car 3 cms without trying the car first with the new wheels that you intend to purchase. Also I would stick to 18 as your roads are generally crap, same as here in Italy so 19s simply "crash" more when you hit the inevitable potholes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts