Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Audi A5 Quattro Sport 3.0L Coupe (Meteor Grey)
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

So today, it was a wheel off caliper paint touch up, wheel arch liner wash and brush and a wheel deep clean. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute. To clean the wheels I got my old B&D workmate with a piece of soft carpet on top and away I went. There has to be an easier way to clean wheels I thought to myself as keep flipping the wheel over and shuffling it about takes it's toll on an old boy like myself. So sitting here now I'm looking at wheel detailing stands/spinners. I've found one by a company called Polk for £118.00 and another (on Amazon) by DrDetail also for £118.00. They look identical so I'm thinking that there might be some rebranding going on. I've look at motorbike ones from about £25 but these don't look big enough. Does anyone know of a company (preferably British) that sells some kind of stand/spinner for a little cheaper than £118.00. Looking forward to hearing from someone.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Andy. Just had a look at the link that you kindly provided. It is exactly what I am looking for. It's quite a bit cheaper than the Poka one too and looks just as good. I will treat myself. Thanks again.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply Andy. Just had a look at the link that you kindly provided. It is exactly what I am looking for. It's quite a bit cheaper than the Poka one too and looks just as good. I will treat myself. Thanks again.
Consider myself treated!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Andy,

Took the wheels off today for a polish using the in2detailing heavy duty wheel stand that you kindly pointed me towards. I put it on top of a Black & Decker Workmate for my desired work height. Worked perfectly. However two things. It arrived with no assembly instructions so I had to use the website advertisement pictures. It wasn't difficult, I just need to see on what side the locking washers went. Secondly, whilst polishing, the wheel had a tendency to creep forward nearly falling off a couple of times. I think this was because the stand wasn't sitting squarely on the Workmate. Overall though, a great purchase. We have two cars so it will get used a lot as I like doing wheel off cleans. Excellent delivery time of next day. Thanks again.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks for the update!

Seems like a decent bit of kit that does the same job as the others twice the price.

No instructions is frustrating though!

Glad you got there in the end

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts