Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to order my A5 in a few months time and am just starting to get into the detail of the spec.

Any experiences or thoughts on 18" Vs. 19" wheels?

I prefer the look of the 19" but am wondering about what the ride quality is like with the 19"s.

I'll be driving a 3.0TDi with 18"s over Christmas so will find out what that is like first hand - but I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone with 19"s as to what they are like to live with.

BTW - am new to the forum but really enjoying browsing through all the posts,

DFF

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Welcome to the forum DFF.

I haven't experienced the 18" Wheels on the A5 however I have had plenty of time behind the wheel of 19" wheel A5 TDI and to be honest the ride is fine in my opinion.

There isn't going to be to much of a difference between 18" and 19" as its only one inch. It would perhaps be more noticable if you went from 17" to 19" but IMHO the 19" wheels set the car off much better lookwise.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
DFF,

Can't really comment on how the 18" wheels feel for driving as both demonstrators I drove had the 19s. However, for what it's worth, I think the 18s actually look small on this car - only the 19s fill the arches out properly IMHO. Amazing really as I used to think the 18s on my old S4 looked HUGE!

Rab88 might have more of a take on the ride quality - his car has the standard 18s for the 3.0 TDi and will have covered lots of miles.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hello there ! :D

Another Irish member, great to have you :)

I'd say around the city, 19"s are fine, I have 19"s on our TT, and don't find them harsh at all tbh. And its worth it for the way they look ;)

What dealer were you going to order from? :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the really useful responses - 19"s it is for me!

AidenL - thanks for the post. Not sure what dealer yet - I have found dealers outside the city much better than those in Dublin. But I guess I will shop around a few and see how they fare. Most of my driving will be in Dublin with the odd trip to Cork and Mayo - even then it is on main roads so it sounds like the bigger rims are the way to go.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Thanks for the really useful responses - 19"s it is for me!

AidenL - thanks for the post. Not sure what dealer yet - I have found dealers outside the city much better than those in Dublin. But I guess I will shop around a few and see how they fare. Most of my driving will be in Dublin with the odd trip to Cork and Mayo - even then it is on main roads so it sounds like the bigger rims are the way to go.
I fould and do find Grange Motors pretty good, Park not so good, even though they are in the same group oddly?

I can't get the Donegal dealer to get interested at all.......:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.